2003 Mercury Marauder with GT heads and Turbo

theCollector

Established Member
Bump....

Price is OBO. And again, open to trades for Terminator, GT500, or Lightning. Plus or minus cash depending on trade of course.

theCollector

Established Member
Bump for post holiday crowd. Would also consider trade for 2005+ Mustang GT as well as a 1970-1976 Ford Bronco.

If you have something else interesting for possible trade, let me know. I may be interested. If trading, would prefer trading to someone within driving distance. But not required.

theCollector

Established Member
Still for sale.

And for anyone offering trades in the future: PLEASE dont offer a vehicle you are selling for thousands and thousands less than my asking and expect an even trade. It doesnt make sense for me or you. I have well over double my asking price in the car. I am only asking what I am to try and get as quick a sale as possible in this slow economy.

And PLEASE be 100% sure you want to trade before you contact me about it. Unfortunately there have been a couple guys who pm/posted first and thought second. As well meaning as the guys were, it just isn't productive.

Last edited:

theCollector

Established Member
Someone asked for a video of the car running. So since I went through the trouble of setting up a youtube account, I thought I would post it here. Just a quick walk around. Nothing special. But better than nothing. I may be taking more now that I created the account. Will post them if I do.

On a side note..... The video is taken with a little camera. The mic makes the car sound really strange. At least on my laptop. In person, the car has a nice, low rumble. Really nice. Dont know if that comes across on everyones computer.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJjXnY61mN4"]YouTube- Turbo Mercury Marauder[/ame]

Last edited:

Teal Terminator

Established Member
Man I wish you were closer, I'd like to see the car in person and see how it drives. I'm half tempted to consider trading you my Teal Terminator for your car and some cash. I'm just not sure I'm ready to sell mine just yet. I'll mull it over though.

Beautiful car though and I like everything you've done with it. What kind of power potential are the motor, turbo and trans good for? Is everything on the car capable of handling 600+ rwhp? I'm actually certain your motor is and fairly certain that turbo is as well, my main concern would be the trans.

Thanks for the info,
Ryan

theCollector

Established Member
Man I wish you were closer, I'd like to see the car in person and see how it drives. I'm half tempted to consider trading you my Teal Terminator for your car and some cash. I'm just not sure I'm ready to sell mine just yet. I'll mull it over though.

Beautiful car though and I like everything you've done with it. What kind of power potential are the motor, turbo and trans good for? Is everything on the car capable of handling 600+ rwhp? I'm actually certain your motor is and fairly certain that turbo is as well, my main concern would be the trans.

Thanks for the info,
Ryan

No problem Ryan.

My guess is the combo is very safe to low-to-mid 700's. I look at the Terminators on the board with similar turbos to make my guess. The shortblock is MMR's Race 1100 shortblock. 1100 hp capable so that should be good as you pointed out. The heads are same as GT500 Mustangs but with GT cams (which are an upgrade even for the gt500's) so they flow better than the Terminator heads do. The exhaust isnt as big as it could be to get max power. But if I wanted full out power, I would have built a race car which wasnt what I was after..... I wanted a car I can load 3 or 4 more guys in comfortably and still be one of the faster cars on the road even with A/C on......

And the transmission is built as well as any auto shifting 4R70W I could find. It has the Lentech stub shaft and associated drum which is a weak link in these transmissions. Unfortunately he (Lentech) will not sell it by itself anymore. You have to buy his complete trans to get it.

Lots of other work went into the trans by a guy I know in town that has specialized in Ford transmissions in performance cars mostly for probably going on 20 years. The only way to get better was to go manual valvebody which I did not want to do. And again, if it was primarily for race, I would have gone to some other trans but it wouldnt be a daily driver then. Which defeats the purpose.

I appreciate the compliments. Let me know.....

theCollector

Established Member
Hmm, very tempting, if you were closer I would be extremely tempted!

Thanks man. I appreciate it.

Just an FYI to anyone to far away to pick up. Shipping is fairly cheap all things considered. And I have a guy that can get discounts sometimes so I could coordinate if a buyer wanted to go the shipping route. Just throwing it out there.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
No problem Ryan.

My guess is the combo is very safe to low-to-mid 700's. I look at the Terminators on the board with similar turbos to make my guess. The shortblock is MMR's Race 1100 shortblock. 1100 hp capable so that should be good as you pointed out. The heads are same as GT500 Mustangs but with GT cams (which are an upgrade even for the gt500's) so they flow better than the Terminator heads do. The exhaust isnt as big as it could be to get max power. But if I wanted full out power, I would have built a race car which wasnt what I was after..... I wanted a car I can load 3 or 4 more guys in comfortably and still be one of the faster cars on the road even with A/C on......

And the transmission is built as well as any auto shifting 4R70W I could find. It has the Lentech stub shaft and associated drum which is a weak link in these transmissions. Unfortunately he (Lentech) will not sell it by itself anymore. You have to buy his complete trans to get it.

Lots of other work went into the trans by a guy I know in town that has specialized in Ford transmissions in performance cars mostly for probably going on 20 years. The only way to get better was to go manual valvebody which I did not want to do. And again, if it was primarily for race, I would have gone to some other trans but it wouldnt be a daily driver then. Which defeats the purpose.

I appreciate the compliments. Let me know.....

Thanks for the info. And I completely understand the not going with more "race oriented" parts and that is why I really like this car. Its just a very clean, tastefully modified, comfortable, powerful, could-be-daily-driver. What's not to like?! :)

I know you said you didn't want people offering you trades if they weren't serious so I'm not going to PM or call you with any specific offer at this point. But I would like to know if my car is something you might consider as a trade or if you aren't interested then I don't have to tease myself with the idea. Here is a little more info about the car...
The Teal Terminator (see page 3 for updated pics of the car/motor). All I can say at this point is I would want your car and some cash. If it's not something you'd like or don't want to add cash to whatever you might trade for then I understand.

Thanks again,
Ryan

wrc7732

03 SB SVT Cobra
Established Member

theCollector

Established Member
Thanks for the info. And I completely understand the not going with more "race oriented" parts and that is why I really like this car. Its just a very clean, tastefully modified, comfortable, powerful, could-be-daily-driver. What's not to like?! :)

I know you said you didn't want people offering you trades if they weren't serious so I'm not going to PM or call you with any specific offer at this point. But I would like to know if my car is something you might consider as a trade or if you aren't interested then I don't have to tease myself with the idea. Here is a little more info about the car...
The Teal Terminator (see page 3 for updated pics of the car/motor). All I can say at this point is I would want your car and some cash. If it's not something you'd like or don't want to add cash to whatever you might trade for then I understand.

Thanks again,
Ryan

I really appreciate it Ryan. Your car is beautiful. Very well done. And it must be a beast with that KB 2.8 etc!!! Just not something I would want to go after at this point. But again, thank you very much for the compliments.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
I really appreciate it Ryan. Your car is beautiful. Very well done. And it must be a beast with that KB 2.8 etc!!! Just not something I would want to go after at this point. But again, thank you very much for the compliments.

Thank you as well and no problem. That makes the decision easier on me, lol. I think I will put my car up for sale in the coming year and then I'll be on the look out for something different like your car. I also have a hankering for a Jeep SRT-8 w/ some goodies on it but we'll see what the new year brings.

Good luck with the sale,
Ryan

Users who are viewing this thread