2003 Mach 1 Project Bad Mach

Deceptive

Muffin is my spirit animal
Established Member
Premium Member
let them fill the holes, the plastic fillers they have are excellent.

I wish carbon driven would ship hoods. That's the only body mod left I'd like to have since my stock on needs paint anyway

I am torn between painting my hood a Matte Black or an Eggshell Black; from my understanding the Eggshell is a Matte with a special clear so wax doesn’t make it look bad.

Paint it body color and have the decals painted on.

Or a CF hood. If I do a CF hood I would want a CF spoiler.

99/01 front bumper for the win. Looks killer on the Machs.

I never got the hype with all the CF pieces.

The radio bezel and shifter bezel cracked when I removed it. I was gentle and it still broke. The car has been sun beaten and not cared for properly. Since finding new radio and shifter bezels is impossible and finding perfect used ones is next to impossible, I went CF.

If people would take care of cars a bit better, I probably would be staying with the IUP bezels.

Nice. Did they happen to say when the other dash carbon pieces would be available again?

No, I check each day.

I think CoVid Derangement Syndrome is the new Trump Derangement Syndrome.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
Got a few more parts for the Mach 1.

IMG_2163.JPG

IMG_2173.JPG

Ordered some Gen 2 Coyote/Boss rods. Going to do a budget engine to see how some cheap rods and pistons hold up.

IMG_2176.JPG

Picked up a 200a alternator from KMJ. I will be ordering a 250a also and see what does better for my setup.

IMG_2177.JPG

Last, picked up a backup camera that I plan to install in the trunk keyhole.

If she vapes, she has a dildo and sucks peen.

bosscj

Established Member
Premium Member
Got a few more parts for the Mach 1.

View attachment 1734499
View attachment 1734500

Ordered some Gen 2 Coyote/Boss rods. Going to do a budget engine to see how some cheap rods and pistons hold up.

View attachment 1734501

Picked up a 200a alternator from KMJ. I will be ordering a 250a also and see what does better for my setup.

View attachment 1734502

Last, picked up a backup camera that I plan to install in the trunk keyhole.

Very nice parts there!!
damn-son-thats-some-good-shit.jpeg

Sent from my SM-G998U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Thank you!

And on a side note, I believe the car will not be getting painted Midnight Blue Metallic. I think it may be the new Antimatter Blue Metallic.

THAT is a great choice. Your Mach going to look great bathed in Antimatter Blue Metallic, James.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
And..................?
Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

LOL!

Click bait

The radio bezel was back in stock. The definite purchase I want that is left is the instrument cluster bezel with gauge pods. I am currently on the fence about the 03-04 Cobra spoiler from them.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
I never understood the attraction of all the CF pieces. :cool:
I feel like CF interior pieces are today what Billet aluminum interior pieces were in the 00s.

Not giving anyone a hard time. Just my opinion, of course.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
I feel like CF interior pieces are today what Billet aluminum interior pieces were in the 00s.

I wanted to do something as my OEM Mach IUP ones are trashed since the car was allowed to have the sun beat the **** out of it.

I used proper tools to remove the radio bezel and it cracked. This car looked better than what it actually is.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I wanted to do something as my OEM Mach IUP ones are trashed since the car was allowed to have the sun beat the **** out of it.

I used proper tools to remove the radio bezel and it cracked. This car looked better than what it actually is.

my car was the rare non-iup. When I bought it the sales guy was like "dont worry about it"... brought the car down from the dealer in Tallahassee they traded with and he goes "follow me". He jumps in a yellow IUP mach and we go around the corner to the dude's house, he swaps the seats and I think the door pins right there. He filled out something with the service department and they sent the IUP pedal covers.

I don't think I really grasped how ****ed up the seat swap was at the time honestly. So my center stack non-IUP but everything else is. Later on ran into a guy in a local mustang group and that had a zinc yellow car and he was bitching how he had to have them replace the door lock pins and head rests...I eventually told him what happened :LOL:

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
my car was the rare non-iup. When I bought it the sales guy was like "dont worry about it"... brought the car down from the dealer in Tallahassee they traded with and he goes "follow me". He jumps in a yellow IUP mach and we go around the corner to the dude's house, he swaps the seats and I think the door pins right there. He filled out something with the service department and they sent the IUP pedal covers.

I don't think I really grasped how ****ed up the seat swap was at the time honestly. So my center stack non-IUP but everything else is. Later on ran into a guy in a local mustang group and that had a zinc yellow car and he was bitching how he had to have them replace the door lock pins and head rests...I eventually told him what happened :LOL:

I both love and hate this car more every day I mess with it.

I always thought the Mach 1s were cool cars. I think the body mods are making it a hell of a looker when it is painted. I am hating how I find more hacked up shit on this car.

I knew I was going to sink some money into it but I did not expect this. Oh well, this is the way.

On a side note, I can’t find anyone to confirm or deny headers for a Coyote swap working around the 6R80 and Steeda K member. They do work with a MM one. So I am going to set aside the BMR K Member, swap the Steeda one to the Mach 1 and get a MM one for the GT.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I both love and hate this car more every day I mess with it.

I always thought the Mach 1s were cool cars. I think the body mods are making it a hell of a looker when it is painted. I am hating how I find more hacked up shit on this car.

I knew I was going to sink some money into it but I did not expect this. Oh well, this is the way.

On a side note, I can’t find anyone to confirm or deny headers for a Coyote swap working around the 6R80 and Steeda K member. They do work with a MM one. So I am going to set aside the BMR K Member, swap the Steeda one to the Mach 1 and get a MM one for the GT.

Be interesting to see how the coyote swap goes.

I know what ya mean, when I bought that car from mm&ff the more I looked the worse it got, that’s when keeping my car became a no brainer. At least you know how to fix it

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member

IMG_2787.JPG

I like the carbon driven pieces in small amounts as it detours away from the cheap plastic of factory trim pieces and sets the car apart from other stock mustangs. Even something as small as a door panel insert gives them a nicer look
IMG_1149.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

03DSGMach1

10's or Bust!
Established Member

Holy crap!! We’re twins! My car started off as a non-IUP but I was lucky enough to have the spares from my first Mach 1 in storage.

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1735381
I like the carbon driven pieces in small amounts as it detours away from the cheap plastic of factory trim pieces and sets the car apart from other stock mustangs. Even something as small as a door panel insert gives them a nicer lookView attachment 1735382

To each his own , I guess. I just never cared for it on cars that dont come with it originally.

It's always looked "boy racer" to me.

Deceptive

Established Member
Premium Member
View attachment 1735381
I like the carbon driven pieces in small amounts as it detours away from the cheap plastic of factory trim pieces and sets the car apart from other stock mustangs. Even something as small as a door panel insert gives them a nicer lookView attachment 1735382

What did you do with the shift boot piece under the new bezel? The stock piece has the tabs melted to keep it in place but the CD piece does not have those tabs.

geoffmt

Established Member
Premium Member
What did you do with the shift boot piece under the new bezel? The stock piece has the tabs melted to keep it in place but the CD piece does not have those tabs.

I used some 2 part urethane glue, you would never know

Users who are viewing this thread