2003 GT

EH819

Established Member
About how much rwhp would an 03 Mustang GT make with just bolt on mods (headers, catback, intake, etc.)? Thanks

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
What blackGT is staying is pretty accurate. Torque should be very clost to 300 or just past a bit.

Look @ JDM/Kooks. They say u can work on the transmittion with out taking the headers out.
Unlike BBK which is very nice u still have to take the entire headers out to get into the transmition. Such as Transmition Oil Change, Cluch workk. So long terms it gets to be more costly.

Think long term vs short on prices as well. Might be cheap now but later it might be more $$$.

X-haust helps alot but might be able to get more out of it with a chip. Not sure on the GT's.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Oh that GT that beat me. Think for a 1sec. 20 or 22k for the GT. Throw in about 8k or 9k & ur a sneaky bastttered like the one who took me for a surprise.
He had the Powerdyne Supercharger on his.

Cheap HP car....

D a m i e n

Established Member
I know there are superchargers available, but what about turbos for the 2V 4.6's? I'm looking at maybe buying a used '01 or '02 since they cost almost nothing and maybe putting the money into forged internals and the other various parts you need to add a turbo. There are people with '99 GTs running around with turbos, but would these not fit the newer GTs for any reason?

steelgrave

SVT's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
Originally posted by EH819
About how much rwhp would an 03 Mustang GT make with just bolt on mods (headers, catback, intake, etc.)? Thanks

Depends if you consider a blower or N2o a "bolt-on". without those, I'd guess ~270 at the wheels at most without significant work.

Poisonous Mods

little moddie
Established Member
Turbonetics supposed to have a good systems. Also check the D&D Motorsports. They show a pic of a turbo set up. I personally like the Discharge noise they make after they release the gas peddle.

400+ on a right system to the Rear Wheels.

Bad thing about the Turbos is the amount of heat it creates since it runs of the Xhaust to make its power. S/C also make heat on higher RPM but nothing like Turbos. Seen my friends system glo bright red because of the Xhaust heat.

Ud definatly be different & good idea about going to a pre-owned car.

steelgrave

SVT's Worst Nightmare
Established Member
Originally posted by EH819

Make sure you dyno it beforehand so you can get a baseline. Then again after your mods to see what you actually gained...

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
theres also another turbo kit, but i can't remember where that puts down 435 to the rear wheels on pump gas

Users who are viewing this thread