2003 Ford Lightning

GK_crewchief

Kenne Bell Boosted
Established Member
2003 Ford Lightning **SOLD**

Well the time has come to move on to something new, I am really thinking of selling my Lightning to get one. I'm seeing if people might be interested in it, if not I will just hold on to it for a while longer. Here are the details on my truck. It's a 2003 with right at 61,000 miles on the chassis and transmission and around 15,000 miles on the newly built motor. The motor was built by Arthur Todd at AVT Performance in Conway,SC in June 2008 so anyone who knows him knows that his work is top notch. Brian, Woody, and Ronnie all had him build their motors. His work speaks for itself.. The oil has been changed every 3,000 miles with Amsoil 5W-30 and K&N Oil Filters. I had the transmission flushed at 59000 miles at Crown Ford, so that is brand new. I bought a brand new battery from Ford back in late 2008 and I also just replaced the rear tires on August 15th 2009 with brand new Nitto NT555's and the front Nitto's have about 10,000 miles on them and have plenty of tread left. I also had an alignment done too. The truck runs awesome and I have never had a single problem with it. I take very good care of this truck and the fellow members who know me personally can agree like Ronnie, Alan, Woody, Carl...the list goes on. There are a few minor wear and tear dings on the truck like some scratches on the left rear wheel well, it's noticeable but not that bad. Also, the typical front bumper scratches on the bottom where it scrapes sometimes on curbs. There is also a small crack on the front bumper cover next to the driver's side headlight. All in all, the paint is very clean and shiny... I spray wax it every time I wash the truck. The interior is good, little spots here and there and I have Corbeau race seats installed so there is a space open between the two seats. A console would easily fill the space up and look really good. The truck has 2 tunes on the SCT Xcal2. A Street tune and a C16 Race tune that made 639HP/693TQ! I have only ran the truck at the drag strip twice and that was only on the street tune with bald drag radials and ran an 11.50 @ 121. I can't tell you what it runs like on the race tune, but it will easily run 10's on slicks and skinny fronts.

Here are my mods to the truck.....

Motor
New 2004 Ford Racing NVH 5.4 block (bored .030" over)
New Ford Racing Steel crankshaft (balanced with rest of rotating assembly)
Manley 4340 H-beam rods w/ARP2000 bolts
Manley forged pistons (9:1 compression ratio with .916" pins)
New JLP CNC Stage II Ported Heads, with oversized Ferrera stainless valves, profiled chambers, Manley Springs
Ported Lower Intake Manifold
ARP Head and Main Studs
Ford head gaskets
Stage II Comp Cams camshafts
New Ford Expedition Aluminum water pump, flows better than stock and it lighter
New Ford Oil Pump
New timing chains, guides, front/rear main seals
Fully balanced rotating assembly
Blueprinted and assembled by Arthur Todd at AVT Performance in Conway,SC

Transmission/Driveline
Precision Industries 10.5", triple disc torque converter (2600rpm stall speed)
Factory Tech Valve Body
F-250 Super Duty Transmission Cooler with stainless braided lines and Remote Transmission Filter
Refreshed 9.75" Rear End in June 2008

Supercharger/Induction
Kenne Bell 2.6L Twin Screw Supercharger
4" Intake Tube with custom air box
Accufab Single Blade Throttle Body
Kenne Bell upgraded bypass valve (billet aluminum nipple)
New Ford Racing intercooler pump
JLP Powercooler w/ toggle switch to turn inter cooler pump on at the track
AFCO Heat Exchanger
Custom oil seperator kit made by Arthur Todd
LFP Idler Pulley Bracket
2 Reichard Racing Dual Bearing 100mm Idler Pulleys
LFP 6lb Crank Pulley
3.5" upper Kenne Bell Pulley, I will include my 3" pulley which made my numbers for my race tune

Fuel System
Twin 255lph Walbro Fuel Pumps
Siemens 60lb Fuel Injectors
Steel Braided Line routed to driver side wheel well for draining fuel tank for race fuel

Exhaust
JLP/Bassani Competition R 3" Exhaust Kit, .: Johnny Lightning Performance
No cats

Electronics
New Ford Battery
JDM Engineering Electric Fan Kit w/ remote toggle switch for cooling at the track
SCT Xcal2 handheld tuner (comes with Race and Street tunes from AVT Performance)
SCT BA2400 MAF
Xenon Depot 4500K HID Kit for headlights and Fog Lights

Suspension/Wheels
1.5" Drop in front
2-3" JLP drop shackles in rear
JLP Traction Bars
So-Cal Shock Extenders
Passenger Side rear shock flipped to the rear
QA1 Single Adjustable Shocks (front&rear)
Nitto NT555 tires, front tires are brand new and rear have about 10,000 miles on them

Interior
Corbeau Race Seats, a little worn
3 Guage Pillar with Autometer Phantom II Fuel Pressure, Boost, and Transmission Temp Gauges
AEM Wideband Gauge

Exterior
Paint is in excellent condition, minus a few little scratches and small rock chips
One small crack on front grill by drivers side headlight
Typical scratches on lower front bumper where it scrapes curbs and speed bumps sometimes
Brand new Extang Bed Cover
Rubber Ford Bed mat

I have the receipts for when I had the motor built and other mods I had done to the truck while it was at Arthur Todd's shop. Other than that, I still owe on this truck through Carmax Finance. So I would need to have this paid off and then the finance company can send me the title. This is my first time selling a vehicle on my own and still owing money on it. So bare with me... lol Thanks for your interest and if you have any questions or want more pics, please contact me. I'm looking to get around $23,000 for the truck with all the mods and built motor but the price is negotiable.... Thanks, Jeff.

Here is a walk around video of my truck....
[ame=http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Ford-Lightning-with-built_691992.htm]Ford Lightning with built motor - Car Videos on StreetFire[/ame]
DSC007541.jpg

015-1.jpg

DSC_0123.jpg

042.jpg

HPIM00931.jpg

HPIM00891.jpg

april040.jpg

april058.jpg

IMG_0097.jpg

Last edited:

uknowme

Established Member
Nice truck. Good luck with the sale. The market is really hurting the price of performance vehicles these days. I sold My 04 MCobra a few months back for $26,000. It had about 10 grand in mods. Hated to see it go, but that's life. I live in Lumberton and have been looking for another Lightning. Do you have pics of the interior and inside the bed of the truck? How neg. is the price. You can pm if you like.

GK_crewchief

Kenne Bell Boosted
Established Member
Nice truck. Good luck with the sale. The market is really hurting the price of performance vehicles these days. I sold My 04 MCobra a few months back for $26,000. It had about 10 grand in mods. Hated to see it go, but that's life. I live in Lumberton and have been looking for another Lightning. Do you have pics of the interior and inside the bed of the truck? How neg. is the price. You can pm if you like.

I'll take some tomorrow...

Users who are viewing this thread