2003 Cobra w/nitrous.......

87Silverfox

Established Member
Your on to something there GR8White. Since the mod motor has a returnless fuel system, the fuel management through the computer is key. Using a low shot wet kit should keep the stock setup relative. The factors that I haven't been able to figure out are the gains made while maintaining stock A/F ratios and the cooling effects nitrous has. I guess what I'm trying to say is, even if a 40 shot is run, the jets will provide a 40 shot for the duration but when accelerated with the SC, does that change? Roots style superchargers are criticized as being "hot air blowers", but the reduction in the air intake temperature charge has to be substantial. Vortech has made some gains with offering aftercoolers that offer substantial gains for centrifigal applications. I'd like to see the same for the roots style setups.

GR8WHITE

The BIG FISH
Established Member
This one is actually easy. The Lightning guys that use N2O can tell you. A 50 shot is more like a 80 shot for them. I can't believe I had almost forgotten about their experiences. They're gonna keel haul me. ;-)

87Silverfox

Established Member
I seem to remember reading somewhere that as a rule, for every so many temperature degrees drop in intake charge, the gain in Hp, or something to that effect. Judging by what that Lightning did on a 50 shot, a gain of 30 hp looks really good. that's over a 50% gain just on the cooling effect. Now thats a GAS!!! :)

kino

Established Member
I believe i saw another guy using nitrous on his 2003 Cobra but have not seen a dyno. I saw a few lightning guys use 100 shot on their pullied trucks. Depending on the A/f mixutre that 100 shot ranged 117-133 hp.

87Silverfox

Established Member
That's awesome!!! Speaking of lightnings.....I a guy locally has had a lot of mods done to his. He's not running nitrous but has a cooling box mounted in the trunk and line running to the engine bay for cooling purposes. I'm not sure how effective it is but I welcome the idea for eaton based setups. There aren't many cooling options available for the roots style setups versus the centrifical setups. I guess thats why I like the nitrous as an option for this type of setup.

kino

Established Member
Check with JDm. I believe they have done NOS setups for lightnings and it wouldn't surprise me if they have one out for the 2003 Cobras.

TSi92

Banned
Damn nitorus on a already supercharged engine? I would if i'm aiming for single digits! I wouldn't like to have a V8 with two power-adders and run 11's or 10's.

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
Originally posted by TSi92
Damn nitorus on a already supercharged engine? I would if i'm aiming for single digits! I wouldn't like to have a V8 with two power-adders and run 11's or 10's.

We don't care what you think. :)

Users who are viewing this thread