2003 Cobra vs. SL600 v12

cobracide

Established Member
On my way to work, getting off the thruway exit. Stop at the light at the end of the exit where it's a two lane left turn. Glance to the left and up pulls this bright red SL600 next to me. Can't tell what year but seems to be 3 years old or less, has a big V12 badge on the side. The light turns green and we both make the left next to each other. As soon as it straightens out both of us gun it. As I hear him pour it on as I stomp it in 2nd. Loose a little traction so I let off a bit then grab third. He loses two or three car lengths in the process and then we both have to let off due to traffic. Not a very long race but I made my point. Come to work with a BIG grin on my face. Way to start the day!

spidartanks

Established Member
Its always nice when the other guy complies and tromps on it too! way to make him feel silly

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
Good kill..

Yeah, for $100k plus they should be nice but they seem to be a little slow.
:rolling:

They're heavy being as they are big ass luxury coupes. They need a power advantage to play. However, that power advantage can come fairly easy with a freaking twin turbo V12 under the hood. :burnout:

With just a tune, filter and intercooler they make over 700ft/lbs of torque at the wheels and can run low 11s@125mph+

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL600 RennTech Dyno Results Graphs Hosepower - DragTimes.com

NA_Cobra

Established Member
On my way to work, getting off the thruway exit. Stop at the light at the end of the exit where it's a two lane left turn. Glance to the left and up pulls this bright red SL600 next to me. Can't tell what year but seems to be 3 years old or less, has a big V12 badge on the side. The light turns green and we both make the left next to each other. As soon as it straightens out both of us gun it. As I hear him pour it on as I stomp it in 2nd. Loose a little traction so I let off a bit then grab third. He loses two or three car lengths in the process and then we both have to let off due to traffic. Not a very long race but I made my point. Come to work with a BIG grin on my face. Way to start the day!

Sounds as though as it was maybe the old NA version. The twin turbo say, "V12 Bi-Turbo" on the sides and the older NA versions just say, "V12".

cobracide

Established Member
Good kill..

They're heavy being as they are big ass luxury coupes. They need a power advantage to play. However, that power advantage can come fairly easy with a freaking twin turbo V12 under the hood. :burnout:

With just a tune, filter and intercooler they make over 700ft/lbs of torque at the wheels and can run low 11s@125mph+

2004 Mercedes-Benz SL600 RennTech Dyno Results Graphs Hosepower - DragTimes.com

I'm sure modded they are fast as hell with twin turbos and all. You just don't see too many people dropping 100k+ on a car and then modding.

Users who are viewing this thread