2003 Cobra Videos from a vette site

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Very nice. That one F-bod must have been really modded to keep up with the '03 in one of those videos.

SVTVenom

HOOK'EM HORNS!
Established Member
Ok, just watched the last one and man did that '03 get smoked. Either he doesn't know how to drive or that F-Bod is REALLY modified.

03DOHC

Established Member
XtraVenom03-

How's your car holding up w/the 2.8" pulley and the 91 octane CA gas? Any pinging? Are you using pump gas?

03DOHC

Established Member
Cool! Who tuned your superchip? Or is it a mail order one? I'd like to go with the 2.8" pulley but I'm leery of the crap pump gas here!

david smilovic

Established Member
Head/cam f-bodies are fast I build them for a living.I just got my stroker installed in my 03' Cobra 448 rrwhp stock cams would have had the all aluminum 9.8:1 motor to 600 rrwhp but due to a phenomenom on the blower cams(called cam boost bleed off) similar grind as used on 1000 rrwhp ZR-1's but my cad/cam showed me a design flaw because the motors designed for a ATI D1SC Centrifical that blows 25-30 Lbs and puts ot about 775-825 rrwhp at 8000 RPM rotating assembly good for 9500 but the Idea is to build an every day driver that melts the competition while passing emmisions and Carb,Idles 98% stock but is good for sub 10"s and road course ready.
So for know it wont draw more than 5 Lbs (BARELY) from the roots
but once the ATI is in place it will red line around 8000-9400 and push out some hi #'s from the stroked all aluminum Ford Racing block,I hope to see 750+ rrwhp and complete stock driveability and 17 city/22 hiway.Youll be able to buy parts eventually but my goal is to build ,deliver and sell 50 of these next year its begining to look Fordy and I like that I hate Ferraris lets get a guy a car that blows away a Rippie or Lingenfelter package even my Twin Turbo 427 at 35% cheaper and a real warranty and 1 you can buy extended from Ford and show the others what COBRA really meanz.Good Luck,David Smilovic

Users who are viewing this thread