2003 Cobra Mod Mafia Performance Built Dyno Video

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Hey,

Finally got the new engine on the dyno and it does pretty well!

Engine Specs are:
Teksid aluminum block, .020" over,
Oliver Standard Light rods with 7/16" WSB bolts, H13 .200" wall wrist pins,
custom Diamond pistons,
3V windage tray,
TSS billet gears,
modified primary steel chain tensioners,
rtusnake's oversized timing guide dowel pins,
~9.4:1,
ARP main studs & side bolts,
ARP 2000 head studs,
98 Cobra intake cams on a 110 ICL.
Running a Whipple 2.9 non-crusher with 3.2 upper and stock caged lower

Mod Mafia Performance in Mississippi built/tuned the engine for me. I cannot stress how great they are. It is refreshing to deal with a shop that actually cares. Honestly, I was a little skeptical because the quoted price was almost to low. But it turned out great.

I think the Spec Stage 3+ is pissed and multiple times it smoked the tires on the dyno. Dyno is a dynojet that apparently is 20-30 hp lower. But, it is just a number to me. This is on E85 with 20 degrees of timing on the big end and 20 psi. I learned to read plugs and she still had a lot left in here. Keep in mind, this is a street car and the rev limiter is still set at 6500. Im sure she would still keep pulling!

Well you be the judge.

Alex

th_VID_20140409_212119891_zps453cf20d.jpg

Last edited:

stangfreak

Established Member
2.9 whipple on a .20 over motor is perfect. I make 710rwhp with the standard 2.9 on a bone stock motor. 22lbs.

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Very nice build! Everything was done right for a stock-stroke aluminum block build! It will make crazy power when you put a 2.75'' pulley on there.

I am curious why you didn't port the heads though?

DSG2NV03

MUST HAVE BOOST!!!
Established Member
Very nice build! Everything was done right for a stock-stroke aluminum block build! It will make crazy power when you put a 2.75'' pulley on there.

I am curious why you didn't port the heads though?

Well, it is hard to explain my thought process. Bottom line is I didn't want it to turn into a 10k+ build, but still spend good lettuce on quality parts for longevity. Always that option later I guess.

Alex

Last edited:

PWORLDSTANG

Bring 'Em Out
Established Member
Well, it is hard to explain my though process. Bottom line is I didn't want it to turn into a 10k+ build, but still spend good lettuce on quality parts for longevity. Always that option later I guess.

Alex

Gotcha. Let us know what kind of numbers it puts out when you up the boost. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread