2003 Cobra (me) Vs 2004 WRX STi (lightly modded)

03Screamer

Established Member
Nice vids! I'll have to read the rest of the nasioc.com thread. Video tape a race with a Evo, then post it on evoltionm.net. Some of the guys on there are so dumb and ignorant it's pathetic. Here's the thread: http://forums.evolutionm.net/showthread.php?s=&threadid=56464 This vid was posted on there, and a couple of guys were trying to convince everyone that the cobra was racing a normal wrx, not an sti. It's so frickin obvious it's an sti, but they can't accept the fact that it got killed so badly, so they try to convince people that the car that got beat was a slow ass wrx...give me a ****in break, who they hell are they trying to fool anyway!!?? Then some guy is telling me how you can get an evo or sti to run low 11's for the same price, being the cost of the car and mods together. I know my shit about those cars too, and I obviously know that for 6-7k worth the mods you're going to HAVE to use race fuel to get a low to mid 11 run. Those cars (especially the evo) run like shit on 91 and 93 octane. With a map detuned from race to pump gas you'll go from low to mid 11's to to low 12's easy. So I told him that's great you have a car that runs low 11's, but unless you have access to 110 octane and are willing to pay 6 bucks per gallon. I could give a **** what you run on the strip, you better be running that when I pull up to your door on the street :). Then some dumb **** says the evo is faster stoplight to stoplight. I guess that's why the sti (evo equivilent) did so great against the cobra lmao. Even if the sti could pull the cobra off the line, the snake would be gone after 25mph. Then there was a guy by the name of Stikilr who is a total dumb shit follower, I can't even comprehend half the shit he says. Happy New Year everyone! Be safe. Later

MINI_ME

Established Member
Nice vids, I don't know why everyone has to hate cobra's and mustangs in gen. saying how it does'nt handle ect. what do you expect, look at the weight diffrence. If you set the suspension up nicely it works great on the street and once you start gutting the car and doing more mods, I don't really see why it would'nt handle(besides the weight of the motor) great out on the track. The whole tread on that site was a bunch of crap, half of them did'nt even understand how a turbo works. Just my .02:beer:

RyClef331

Established Member
Well congrats on a nice kill but I'm not a huge fan of nothing but blower whine, headlights, and street lamps. I wanna see you race him from a dead stop. We all know your car makes way more power than his but can you make the most of it when you put it to the ground? I mean shit, you have a 315 drag radial on it. Until then man, impressive car, impressive kill, but unimpressive video.

03Screamer

Established Member
Hey guys, I just got this PM from Stikilr over on Evolutionm.net. This guy is so clueless and ignorant about everything. Sign up over there you guys, and help me piss this rice boy off.

Stikilr

Re: BYE BYE

quote:

03Screamer wrote on Jan 1, 2004 07:57 PM:
I know I know, I'm sorry that the sti got killed by the cobra so badly, what do you want me to do though? The only walking you'll be doing, would be walking home in embarrassment after racing a low 11 second cobra with the mods you have. That cobra has more than 200hp than your panzy ass. Your car probably doesn't even trap much over 105mph and you call that fast? lmao! Was the last car you owned a 100hp honda civic? A ****ing STOCK cobra can trap faster without frying the clutch and launching at redline. Wow your evo can beat a cobra in the first 60 feet, big ****ing deal, I could ride a ****ing bycicle faster than you for 60 feet, oh what a thrill Why don't you come back with vishnu's stage 2 with race gas, and you'll kill most cobra's on the street. Until then stfu Happy new year!

Stikilr's reply:
Your a funny little guy arent you.......i bet for new years you all sat around a fire with a case of budweiser talking storeis about your v8 that get smoked by 2.0 liters!!!!! imagine that!! thats liek equivelent to you racing a worked ferrari mercellago....anywho, the cams and gears go on in march, hopefully to the love of god you live somewhere near philly so i can walk your ass down the track a few times watching you spend moer money on replacing tire than you do on your car...like i always say, didnt car and driver do a comparison on the two, cobra and sti, and sti won, and i smoke stis....hmmm......the last time i was at the track was with an exhaust and ecu untunned for that matter.....and ran 12's......ohh well....have fun banging your sister and tell your inbred family i said happy new year and keep the ford dream alive!!!!

03Screamer

Established Member
Oh yea, if any of you guys live in philly, try and get a race video taped with this guy, for the world to see. :) This guy thinks he is invincible with 280whp lmao, even against a 500whp cobra.

vortechlx

Join My 8 Week Program
Established Member
I dont even waist my time on those bs forums. Those guys always have something up there sleves like wait for my cam and gears then Im gonna smoke your hillbilly ass! Ive heard it a thousand times.

1/2 bent

Established Member
Thats why i traded my 02 Gt in for this Cobra. To put some smack down on the rice boys.lol. Although the Gt seemed to never have any problem with the local rice. It amazes me that these kids in there civics and such still try me. I ignore them anymore.

Bryan

KevinB120

COOKIES!
Established Member
Originally posted by RyClef331
Well congrats on a nice kill but I'm not a huge fan of nothing but blower whine, headlights, and street lamps. I wanna see you race him from a dead stop. We all know your car makes way more power than his but can you make the most of it when you put it to the ground? I mean shit, you have a 315 drag radial on it. Until then man, impressive car, impressive kill, but unimpressive video.
agreed, had to troll the entire thread to see if this was said already:thumbsup:

1/2 bent

Established Member
BTW if i remember correctly they iced the wrx down and also said it sounded like it was going to fall apart or something when launched as they revved so high on takeoff.

Referring to Hot rod mag article

Blades

Established Member
A couple weeks until I have a nice video from a stop for all the little e-critics to find flaws in.. :)

Any WRX takers in Fort Myers, FL?

85svo

Real Speed
Established Member
Blades--come to FL and put some hurt on these evo and sti owners. I get sick of hearing this bs posted everywhere and would love to get a nice clear vid of the race.

I you can't get the race in the FT come to tampa and we can find some of the evo's and sti's to run with and we got some seriously nice roads to use that have lighting.

Btw thats a nice cobra you got! Hope to run into u at some event around here.:thumbsup:

Raven

Shut Up and Hold On
Established Member
Nice vid. Those WRX's can be really tough - just look at the Hot Rod article for all the proof you need!:rollseyes

SALEENGTROUSH

who wants to race ?
Established Member
hey blades cant wait to u get some more video's....shut them ricers up with there cereal box cars they think they are so fast...:sleeping:

69gt4speed

Svt God of All
Established Member
Let's see now, let me get this straight.. supra guys we have to race from 70 mph on up to officially win... Sti, evo's, awd from a stop to 60 mph to officially win. Old musclecars like my 69 1/4 mi..
I guess vette's, and camaro's, fox body's, pretty much whatever speeds. Where then do we race the riced honda's and other 4 cyl winged things? I'm confused. I always thought wherever and whatever speeds is agreed to..:shrug: Oh yea, also the autocross and other road racing events to be official.. guess the 03 better do it all to be all to all..lol Kidding guys :-D I've enjoyed this post a lot. :beer:

Xerxes

Established Member
Originally posted by 03Screamer
Hey guys, I just got this PM from Stikilr over on Evolutionm.net. This guy is so clueless and ignorant about everything. Sign up over there you guys, and help me piss this rice boy off.

Stikilr

Re: BYE BYE

quote:

03Screamer wrote on Jan 1, 2004 07:57 PM:
I know I know, I'm sorry that the sti got killed by the cobra so badly, what do you want me to do though? The only walking you'll be doing, would be walking home in embarrassment after racing a low 11 second cobra with the mods you have. That cobra has more than 200hp than your panzy ass. Your car probably doesn't even trap much over 105mph and you call that fast? lmao! Was the last car you owned a 100hp honda civic? A ****ing STOCK cobra can trap faster without frying the clutch and launching at redline. Wow your evo can beat a cobra in the first 60 feet, big ****ing deal, I could ride a ****ing bycicle faster than you for 60 feet, oh what a thrill Why don't you come back with vishnu's stage 2 with race gas, and you'll kill most cobra's on the street. Until then stfu Happy new year!

Stikilr's reply:
Your a funny little guy arent you.......i bet for new years you all sat around a fire with a case of budweiser talking storeis about your v8 that get smoked by 2.0 liters!!!!! imagine that!! thats liek equivelent to you racing a worked ferrari mercellago....anywho, the cams and gears go on in march, hopefully to the love of god you live somewhere near philly so i can walk your ass down the track a few times watching you spend moer money on replacing tire than you do on your car...like i always say, didnt car and driver do a comparison on the two, cobra and sti, and sti won, and i smoke stis....hmmm......the last time i was at the track was with an exhaust and ecu untunned for that matter.....and ran 12's......ohh well....have fun banging your sister and tell your inbred family i said happy new year and keep the ford dream alive!!!!

LOL perhaps he meant Ferrari Maranello? Lambo makes the Murcielago. Besides dont take him as the average of all Evo owners, odds are he dosent own one and hes trying to be cool.

Users who are viewing this thread