2003 cobra issue

wrestler12

Established Member
Hi so my terminator is tuned for e85 and my father put normal pump fuel in it and drive all day. Since then, it falls on its face in WOT. I drained the tank and put a full tank of e85 on it. However it is still falling flat on its face. The only think I think to do is to change out the spark plugs?? Anyone have any ideas. Please help!!

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
How did he drive it all day with the wrong fuel? I don't have a lot of E85 experience, but from my understanding the car wouldn't run very well with the wrong fuel. If at all really.

decipha

Established Member
if its got anywhere in the realm of a good tune then the kams have trimmed the fuel out for the pump gas and youd be getting lean stumbles now from the old bad data

do an ecu reset to clear the adaptives

04sleeper

Runs On "Liquid Gold"
Super Moderator
The car would have run way rich. Fuel trims can only do so much. Hope he didn't wash the cylinders out and hurt the motor. Change plugs, KAM rest and cross your fingers for good luck.

hotcobra03

Established Member
what about fuel filter

mix of gas may have done something

it will cause this issue and no code

worth the couple bucks

slow98cobra

Established Member
The car would have run way rich. Fuel trims can only do so much. Hope he didn't wash the cylinders out and hurt the motor. Change plugs, KAM rest and cross your fingers for good luck.

That’s kind of what I’m thinking as well. Pig rich for a bit may have fouled the plugs. Do you think one tank of fuel at being that rich could have plugged the cats on the car?

Curious to hear the outcome on this one.

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
I'd still like to know how many miles he actually put on the car with the wrong fuel. And how he didn't notice the car not driving correctly.

03cobra#2

Hobbyist Of Many Hobbies
Established Member
I'm guessing the ecu is correcting like crazy to try a and keep 14:1 af, then when you go open loop the ECU just dumps fuel in causing the car to bog. Did you replace plugs yet?

wrestler12

Established Member
I'm guessing the ecu is correcting like crazy to try a and keep 14:1 af, then when you go open loop the ECU just dumps fuel in causing the car to bog. Did you replace plugs yet?

No I haven’t yet because it’s been snowing like crazy so I probably won’t be able to take her lout until spring

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread