2003 cobra front chin spoiler?

RichM1983

Established Member
That might be, but I still think they look out of place and hideous. 99% of cobra owners that went that route are not looking to hit 200mph. They are looking for a cheap replacement.

Agreed. They look like shit on a Terminator

Stage 4.6

Established Member
Sorry to bump an older thread but what do you guys think about installing an HCM carbon fiber lip, and treating it with Line-X? I saw a video on youtube of a guy who applied Line-X to a chicken's egg and threw it off a 45m tall structure once. The damned thing bounced several times. I'm sure the structure of the shell was destroyed, but it held its shape and still looked like an egg afterward. Wouldn't that be tough enough to stand up against a few scrapes on the pavement? Or instead of the carbon fiber lip, what about rebuilding the structure of a damaged OEM lip with an epoxy or some other bonding and filling product, then treating with Line-X? Just an idea of how to save some money, because, as much as I like LMR and American Muscle, they're out of their damned minds to charge as much as they do for a piece of plastic.

I might go this route^^^ in the future? My wife purchased a real CF spoiler from HCM for my birthday last year and paid less than the oem price, i scratched mine driving it off the ramps :mad:

Attachments

• Carbon lip spoiler 3 (Small).jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 190

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
One of these days I think I will be the test dummy and give it a shot. Either way I don't have much to lose. My chin spoiler is torn in two spots and really looks like hell anyway. Does anyone have any ideas on what to use to repair the tears? I first thought epoxy but that stuff hardens like steel. Does anyone know of an industrial type of flexible adhesive that can also fill in gaps? And what should I use to reinforce the structure?

choate

Drive with a sparkling glove on your shift hand
Established Member
One of these days I think I will be the test dummy and give it a shot. Either way I don't have much to lose. My chin spoiler is torn in two spots and really looks like hell anyway. Does anyone have any ideas on what to use to repair the tears? I first thought epoxy but that stuff hardens like steel. Does anyone know of an industrial type of flexible adhesive that can also fill in gaps? And what should I use to reinforce the structure?

Flex Seal? lol worked for the guy with that boat made out of screen

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
I might go this route^^^ in the future? My wife purchased a real CF spoiler from HCM for my birthday last year and paid less than the oem price, i scratched mine driving it off the ramps :mad:

What did you use to make those ramps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stage 4.6

Established Member
What did you use to make those ramps?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used 2x6s, at the time my car wasn't as low as it is now so i didn't have a need for the the staggered step, kind of wished I've done it then :(

I can probably add a long slab under neath but then they become heavier and a bit of a pia to maneuver around.

Chrome98Cobra

Established Member
Premium Member
I wonder why a company such as SVE hasn't made a copy of one..They make the FR500 steering wheel, 03 Cobra shift knob...Why not the chin spoiler too?

jgt58

Established Member
03 shinoda chin?
Screenshot_20200309-235355_Chrome.jpeg

Sent from my SM-N950U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread