2003 cobra front chin spoiler?

dom418

Established Member
I guess it depends on how picky you are. Me, I would always know it's been spray painted. I have a couple extra OEM spoilers in my basement. To me $400 is fine. People will pay $300+ for 01 tails lol

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member
Was talking to the OP. But either way, I would consider refinishing it. It's cheap and looks great IMO.

Just a little sanding and some vht wrinkle black.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Gotcha, lol. Saw those pics and it turned out real nice. Miss your SB yet?

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
Gotcha, lol. Saw those pics and it turned out real nice. Miss your SB yet?

Terribly! LOL. I don't know if its me missing that specific car or just missing driving a cobra.. I haven't driven once since the day it sold (october). My MC has been on Jackstands the entire time.

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member
Terribly! LOL. I don't know if its me missing that specific car or just missing driving a cobra.. I haven't driven once since the day it sold (october). My MC has been on Jackstands the entire time.

It's probably both hah. Saw your build thread on the MC. How's that coming along?

NateDogg

Terminator
Established Member
I've had a few set backs.. LOTS of procrastination.

Almost ready for the road. Fired it up for the first time last weekend. have to button everything up and then get ready for the tune.

Beyond excited. I'd really like to finish it up this weekend and have all week to do some datalogging for the tuner.

2Rare

Against All Odds
Established Member
Nice and glad to hear you're finally near completion. I'd be pretty damn stoked too after all that work.

Black Gold 380R

Multiple SVT Collector
Established Member
To me $400 is fine. People will pay $300+ for 01 tails lol

I agree to a point. However, 01 tails enhance the look of the car (in my opinion) and they improve safety (again, in my opinion). However, paying high prices to improve the look and improve safety is worth more than buying a piece of plastic/rubber you KNOW is going to get damaged at some point.

So, I cannot see spending big money on an item that is meant to get damaged. Or you can look at it as saying better to spend big money on an item that is going to protect the paint on your bumper.

I think I'll go with the sanding and painting of the original. Even that is better than installing a Mach 1 chin spoiler......

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
I just checked LMR and they're now $569.99!! What's really rubbing salt in the wound is right next to it is the Mach spoiler and its $56.99. LOL, talk about some sting. Exactly 10X the price

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
^^^ Yup Jeff, glad I bought mine from Autonation Ford for 375.00.

I really don't mind that they are expensive now since I have another one. It's kind of like the cobra prices going up, just helps the value of us who already own one.

big dad

Established Member
When I was still a tech. and the 03's started being delivered to my dealership everyone that came off the transport got damaged. So they had to be replaced before they were sold and while they were being prepped. At that time the cost for replacement was $54, and I bought two. They started to escalate in price almost immediately from Ford, and it's been a steady increase ever since. Talk about price gouging.

Roots-type

+displacement
Established Member
Time for the aftermarket to step up! They stand to make some serious coin between these and throttle cables for 99-01 cobras and Mach 1's.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
LMAO!!! Photobucket keeps screwing you Brad........ Then again they screwed all of us LOL.
Yeah, it really blows Glenn. I think I still have the pictures and need to move all my stuff in PB, but the older threads with PB pictures that the OP's or posters aren't active anymore will never be updated.

rrpederson

lookin 4 parts
Established Member
Sorry to bump an older thread but what do you guys think about installing an HCM carbon fiber lip, and treating it with Line-X? I saw a video on youtube of a guy who applied Line-X to a chicken's egg and threw it off a 45m tall structure once. The damned thing bounced several times. I'm sure the structure of the shell was destroyed, but it held its shape and still looked like an egg afterward. Wouldn't that be tough enough to stand up against a few scrapes on the pavement? Or instead of the carbon fiber lip, what about rebuilding the structure of a damaged OEM lip with an epoxy or some other bonding and filling product, then treating with Line-X? Just an idea of how to save some money, because, as much as I like LMR and American Muscle, they're out of their damned minds to charge as much as they do for a piece of plastic.

GodStang

Established Member
I bought a spare from Autonation Ford awhile ago. I'll admit it's expensive for plastic, but I'm glad I have a spare.

I do find it comical how cheap some terminator owners are. Especially throwing a mach chin spoiler which look hideous on our cars. Some will spend crazy money on mods or stuff that add some bling.

The Mach 1 Chin spoiler is said to be more aerodynamic on these cars than the stock one. I know a lot of guys that try to hit the 200mph or do the half mile/ full mile races switch to it because of this. When I finally get mine dialed in and try for 200mph chances are I will be swapping out to the MACH 1 at least for those runs.

Bdubbs

u even lift bro?
Established Member
Premium Member
The Mach 1 Chin spoiler is said to be more aerodynamic on these cars than the stock one. I know a lot of guys that try to hit the 200mph or do the half mile/ full mile races switch to it because of this. When I finally get mine dialed in and try for 200mph chances are I will be swapping out to the MACH 1 at least for those runs.

That might be, but I still think they look out of place and hideous. 99% of cobra owners that went that route are not looking to hit 200mph. They are looking for a cheap replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread