2003 Cobra For Sale

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
Hi Guys,

I am getting the feeling it is about time for a change. Lately I just haven't been driving the Cobra very much and it's killing me to see it sitting there. With my third child on the way it's not going to get any use! When I do drive it, I don't get it over 45mph and even that is a bit fast for the roads in my town. I can't seem to justify keeping the car for 7 autocrosses a year. I have too much money tied up in it. Most likely I will pick up something significantly cheaper for AX even though I know I will catch
some shit for it. So, my current thought is to either sell the Cobra as a whole package, as is.

Below is a run down on the car:
2003 Cobra,
506whp and 486ftlbs
Redfire
21,750 miles.
2nd owner
No dents, dings or rust. Always kept clean and only sees rain at
the autocross.
MM* *Front coilovers with specially valved Bilsteins
MM Delrin front control arm bushings
MMAluminum steering rack bushings
MM 4 Bolt Caster Camber plates
MM Strut tower brace
MM K Member Brace
MM Subframe Connectors
MM Rear coilovers with Bilstein Cobra R struts and 550 springs
MM Delrin Bushings for the subframe, upper control arm, and lower control arms
I also have the MM aluminum diff bushings and brace as well
just not installed.
MJ's Brace for the IRS Pumpkin
Torsen T2R (installed over the winter)
Brembo 2000 Cobra R brake kit
FR500 wheels, (2)18x9 and (2)18x10
Car has Falken Azenis 615 tires, fronts on the 18x9 are
275/35/18 and the rears are (new)on the 18x10's and are 315/30/18
Car has 2 Schroth Harnesses
MGD? Shifter (having a brain fart on this one.....
MAC Catted Prochamber Midpipe
Ported Blower Steig Stage 4
KB BAP
Mafterburner
SCT Tuner
Billetflow 2.76 and 3.4 pulleys with 1 idler
K&N FIPK
Alpine CD head unit with built in IPOD control
Boston Acoustics 6.5pro front and 5.2 rears
Alpine 5 Channel Amp 4x50 and 1x200

A picture of the car can be found at http://s186.photobucket.com/albums/x227/Cobra1832/

I am asking 25k obo for the car. Email me at [email protected] with questions.

Last edited:

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Nice car..

Edit:..... Very nice car!!

Last edited:

notchstang92

Spoolin'
Established Member
good luck with your sale, at least there is someone out there with a clue of what his car is going to sell for. I honestly figured you would want 30 g's plus for this compared to what I see people asking 25 for.

TTA89

Established Member
This is by far the cleanest 03 Cobra I have ever seen or driven. If you are looking for an 03 Cobra this is it. It needs nothing but a driver!!

The owner pretends to like racing but really he likes to wash and wax his car, I bet the underside has been waxed. Although I doubt he would admit to it. :D

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
Thanks guys for the kind words. I would like to explain racing though. I do autocross with this car about 7 times a year and it has seen a drag strip once when it was close to stock (ran a 12.3@115ish with a catback and airfilter on the stock Goodyears). The items that wear such as brakes, bushings, tires etc. have been replaced or were swapped with the street stuff before the autocross anyway. I don't beat on this car at the drag strip. The shifter/trans feels fantastic and the clutch being a Centerforce DF with Fidanza alum flywheel is smooth and light.
I test drove a Jeep today and have decided that will be the replacement. Unfortunately that means I will most likely need to order it so the sooner this is sold the better.

BTW, I do have 2 additional items for sale:

2 silver FORD FR500 rims for sale as well. They currently have Falken Azenis 615's on them and are getting close to the wear bars. They are extra because I replaced them with the 10inch versions in the back. Make an offer.

Ford Racing FR500 catback. Virtually new with about 1500 miles on it. This is stainless with the valved mufflers that open at wot for better flow. In addition it has the x pipe built in after the mufflers. Get the power without the noise. Virtually no drone on the highway either. $350

Thanks,
Mike

Last edited:

mjchip

Just Some Guy
Established Member
Whoever buys this car is going to be one happy person. It is one of the cleanest Cobras I've seen and has all the right mods if you like "hittin' da twisties yo". j/k

MJ

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
Just a quick bump. The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon has been ordered which means I need to get serious about selling. The car is going to go in the market section tomorrow as well as the other usual suspects.....Autotrader, Craigslist etc.

Thanks,
Mike

TroyV

Brakes only slow you down
Established Member
Mike, you have some really good pics of that car... Do yourself a favor and have Mike S host the pics so you can link them.. That car should sell pretty fast. Good luck!!!

dhummm

Established Member
Just another one chiming in that knows the car. Very well taken care of and everything done to it was done well. This is the real deal and priced very well, sweet car. I wish my car was that clean…..

Ralph-

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
I have a quick question since I don't have enough posts to PM yet. Is that a Mach 1 chin spoiler on the front bumper? I'll be in the market in about a month or two so I was just wondering just in case this car is still out there.

AutocrosserBob

Established Member
Yeah, it is a Mach chin spoiler. I like the look. Regarding the car...I hope it doesn't take 2 months to sell :)

Mike

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Haha I know what you mean about not having to wait that long to sell it. Just hoping there's good deals like this car when I'm ready.

Users who are viewing this thread