2003 Cobra - FBGIO - E85 Tune Settings

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
2003 Cobra, 2.8 KB, Fore Return, 80lbs, SCT BA3000, tuning with Binary Editor and a Mongoose Cable. Dynacom wideband through a DataQ box...yada yada. The car runs great on the 93 tune I've done. MAF curve is very close (as close as I can get it doing WOT pulls, datalogging, tweaking, flashing the ECU, etc)...No concerns at all. It drives well under all conditions.

I've done some research but I want to confirm all that's needed to change in the tune in order for the car to start and run on E85. My base O/L fuel table is already set up properly (lambda values obviously). I want to be able to at least drive the car down there with E85 in the tank. I don't want to take up dyno time disconnecting a line, turning the pumps on to drain it, etc....

From what I have gathered, all I need to do is change the Air Fuel Ratio in the Fuel Scalar table to be the Stoich for E85 (which is 9.8). I believe everything else will happen downstream to that since it's all the fuel tables are in Lambda. Is that correct? Am I missing something? Seems way too easy. I wasn't sure if any injector data needed to be tweaked. I'll leave the timing tables alone as those will obviously be tweaked on the dyno. Thanks as always!

01yellercobra

AKA slo984now
Established Member
That's how it's done in SCT. The injector data doesn't change because of the fuel. Dead time is dead time.

FWIW, I only bumped the timing at part throttle a couple degrees. I advanced it like I did the WOT numbers and the engine ran on the warm side. I did some research and found a lot of guys kept the part throttle stuff around the same as pump gas. So I backed it off and the car ran cooler and still has snappy throttle response.

Users who are viewing this thread