2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 Progress Thread

VLONE

Established Member
Hello everyone, a couple of months ago I picked up my 2003 Azure Blue Mach 1. Car is pretty clean and only had 73,000kms on it (Canada). I have plans for it which I will slowly be working towards and I will track all of my updates here. I’m new to the mustang scene and open to insight from those with more experience and knowledge.

Current Mods:
- 99/01 Cobra Bumper Cover
- Steeda Tri-ax short shifter
- Grip Royal Shift Knob
- Ford Performance 4.10 gear set
- JLT Ram Air Intake
- JLT V3 Oil Catch Can (Driver's Side)
- MAC Ceramic Coated Longtube Headers
- Pypes Pype Bomb Catback
- Custom Catless X-Pipe
- N2MB WOT Box
- EGR Delete
- SR Performance Lowering Springs
- FRPP Replacement Upper Control Arms
- Maximum Motorsports HD Lower Control Arms
- Maximum Motorsports Polyurethane Pinion Snubber
- Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber Plates
- Maximum Motorsports Solid Steering Shaft
- Maximum Motorsports Solid Steering Rack Bushings
- Maximum Motorsports Panhard Bar (polished rod)
- Energy Suspension Polyurethane Motor Mounts (red)
- Energy Suspension Polyurethane Transmission Mount (red)
- SR Performance Subframe Connectors (will be changed out with MM Full Length Subframe Connectors)
- Carbon Driven Carbon Fibre Side Scoop Inserts
- Anthracite FR500 Wheels (18”x9” and 18”x10”)
- SCT Handheld Tuner with custom dyno tune
- LMR Clear Corner Headlights
- New OEM Motorcraft Battery
- Hawk HPS Pads Front and Rear
- J&M Products Stainless Brake Lines Front and Rear
- Motul RPF 600 Brake Fluid
- SW Lights LED gage cluster, dome, map, licence plate, and climate control lights
- Carter’s Customs rear diffuser
- MRT Hood Struts

I’m starting to make some decisions on new parts, and I’ve largely been focusing on the exterior of the car to begin with. Going to be compiling some parts over the summer and into the fall to throw on over the winter while the car is off the road.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Last edited:

VLONE

Established Member
Pics will be added once I figure out how to get file size small enough

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

VLONE

Established Member
This is the only picture I am currently able to upload, more to come eventually though!

IMG_1978.JPG

VLONE

Established Member
Picked this up yesterday, definitely a key piece for the overall look of the car, stoked to see it on.
99-01 Cobra front bumper cover with fog lights, bezels and Mach 1 chin spoiler!

IMG_2041.JPG

Needs to be disassembled and taken in for paint, however it’s unlikely it will be ran this season as I want to put all, or most, body components on all at once at the end of winter.

Last edited:

COOL COBRA

Hell Yes!
Established Member
Nice mods! Clean looking car.
Visual mods you say.. my opinion, Mach needs to look like a Mach, Cobra needs to look like a Cobra.
Mixing of the parts never did it for me. The Mach with its original look is a sharp unique ride, I'd leave it alone. Just my thoughts.
Enjoy it! I bet it sounds good with that exhaust setup.

VLONE

Established Member
Nice mods! Clean looking car.
Visual mods you say.. my opinion, Mach needs to look like a Mach, Cobra needs to look like a Cobra.
Mixing of the parts never did it for me. The Mach with its original look is a sharp unique ride, I'd leave it alone. Just my thoughts.
Enjoy it! I bet it sounds good with that exhaust setup.

Thanks! It does sound pretty nice, although I’d like to throw some long tubes in the mix as well. And I understand your opinion on the visual appearance of the Mach, I just primarily wanted the 99-01 front bumper and I find the stock Mach version a bit lacklustre

Nightmare90gt

Established Member
Thanks! It does sound pretty nice, although I’d like to throw some long tubes in the mix as well. And I understand your opinion on the visual appearance of the Mach, I just primarily wanted the 99-01 front bumper and I find the stock Mach version a bit lacklustre

I agree with the stock mach front bumper being lackluster. I put the 03/04 cobra one on mine. That's how I feel it should have been done by Ford.

bluedgemach

Established Member
Yep I agree, the stock front bumper doesn't do it for me either. Glad I picked this one up with the cobra bumper already on it. Looking forward to see your progress :rolleyes:

Attachments

• IMG_6699.JPG
    IMG_6699.JPG
    487.6 KB · Views: 552

98 svt

Established Member
Premium Member
Yeah man! You get it!
99/01 Cobra bumper for the win. They look killer on the Machs. Ford should have done it that way from the start.

The 03/04 Cobra bumper looks bloated when put on a Mach.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I really need to get my 99/01 front put on. Looks like they nailed the chin spoiler placement. Can you flip it over and take a pic of the pin locations/hownits lined up?

VLONE

Established Member
I really need to get my 99/01 front put on. Looks like they nailed the chin spoiler placement. Can you flip it over and take a pic of the pin locations/hownits lined up?

Yeah definitely, tonight after work I can get a picture of the bottom of the chin spoiler and post it here. Whoever installed it made sure it wasn't coming off though, it has numerous fasteners on it. The only minor imperfection with the placement of it is that the top of the chin spoiler protrudes about a centimeter past where it attaches to the bumper cover. I may be able to adjust when I get time, hopefully. Pics incoming in a few hours though!

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I need to find some 03/04 cobra fogs and make the adapters for them, never could find clear fogs for the 99/01

VLONE

Established Member
I need to find some 03/04 cobra fogs and make the adapters for them, never could find clear fogs for the 99/01
My fog lights and bezels came with the bumper so I'll probably stick with them. I am looking into putting some bright LEDs in there, or the Morimoto Halo LED Switchbacks that SW Lights offer which are really tempting me!

VLONE

Established Member
The Cobra bumper goes to paint today! I should have it back and mounted by the end of the week, and I will also be installing new clear corner headlights at the same time. Other than that there aren't many major updates. I have some cleaning up underneath the car that I still have to get at after being ran off the road and onto lawn a week ago :mad: There's some grass and dirt under there that can be blown out to keep it clean, and some parts on the underside received a few scuffs due to the incident, but fortunately nothing broke or received major damage. Stock front bumper cover is pretty much toast (held up much better than expected tbh), and my rad support got the slightest bit bent/dented on the bottom, but it didn't effect the radiator or alignment of hood, etc. I'm thankful that it did not end up being worse, and the only visibly damaged component (the bumper cover) was being replaced anyways. Only difference is that the new bumper will be on the car for the last bit of the season as opposed to the start of next season.

VLONE

Established Member
Oh! I also got a killer deal on a brand new pair of Maximum Motorsports Caster Camber plates, which should be arriving in a couple of days, and I scored some new Hawk HPS pads and Motul fluid off of another forum member here. Going to grab some EBC rotors and Stiffler's stainless braided hoses over the winter to have braking buttoned up by spring. I don't think I will ever be going BBK unless the car sees big power (400+ whp) down the road.

VLONE

Established Member
I also changed the spark plugs with some NGKs and put a new fuel filter in, which alone helped to wake the car up a bit, and I then took it in to Diago’s Custom Tuning where I made some very nice gains and was able to see how well the motor was performing! The car initially made 291/316 on the first pull, and finished with 311/327 after about 6 pulls. I’m quite happy with the results!
IMG_2162.JPG

VLONE

Established Member
Going to be taking care of a few final items before the end of the season and get out to the last couple car shows nearby. Up next on the list is installing new FRPP upper control arms from MM as well as new axle end bushings, MM pinion snubber, MM HD LCAs and MM caster camber plates. I’m honestly really looking forward to tinkering with some other small items and doing small mods over the off season too

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Users who are viewing this thread