2003 Azure Blue Mach 1 Progress Thread

VLONE

Established Member
Just a few updates as of recent. A few weeks back I installed a pair of energy suspension poly motor mounts. They went in without too much trouble, although I had to drop the k member because of my longtubes, and they definitely stiffened up the engine a good bit!

On another more exciting note, I got my panhard bar installed yesterday, and boy does it make a difference! Installation was relatively straightforward, just time consuming as you want to make sure everything is lined up properly. The car feels much better in all driving situations, and I can actually feel where the rear tires are which is a welcome change in how the vehicle drives! I’ll make sure to post some pics after I get it back on the lift to re-torque everything after some driving to break it all in

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

VLONE

Established Member
Dude.....where did you get cobra bumper? looks killer
Hey, thanks! I actually got really lucky and found someone selling it a couple hours away from me and figured I'd jump on it! It was in great shape so I couldn't pass it up, but it was silver so I had to get it painted. Definitely glad I grabbed it as I haven't seen another one for sale in Canada since

VLONE

Established Member
Haven’t updated this in forever, but the Mach 1 recently got some nice maintenance and upgrades. I got rid of the BBK x pipe with the cats that I gutted and had an exhaust shop whip me up a custom x pipe which looks and sounds amazing! I also changed the differential fluid with some Redline 75W110 gear oil and used a lube locker gasket. Transmission got some fresh AMS Oil synthetic ATF and a Cobra Bob shifter gasket. And finally the engine got AMS Oil synthetic also. Did a basic brake job too with Hawk HPS pads, J&M stainless limes, and Motul fluid. Due to the covid situation shipping on rotors was ridiculous and mine were still fine so I let them be for now. Seriously thinking about the ATS brake conversion for next time though! Recently got a fresh alignment from the best alignment shop I’ve ever experienced too. I’m very happy with how the car is sitting now. Next up is a full detail and paint correction that I’ll be starting to tackle this week. Other than that the only plans for the summer are finally installing the MM full length subframe connectors that I’ve had sitting for about a year and a half. Hoping to enjoy it as much as I can this summer and then this winter it may see a bit more action as far as a serious build goes. I have a teksid block available to me for free and I’m seriously thinking about pulling the motor and building up that block. We shall see though, lots of ideas in store

VLONE

Established Member
IMG_3733.JPG
IMG_3809.JPG
IMG_3756.JPG
IMG_3757.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

my04mach

Established Member
Haven’t updated this in forever, but the Mach 1 recently got some nice maintenance and upgrades. I got rid of the BBK x pipe with the cats that I gutted and had an exhaust shop whip me up a custom x pipe which looks and sounds amazing! I also changed the differential fluid with some Redline 75W110 gear oil and used a lube locker gasket. Transmission got some fresh AMS Oil synthetic ATF and a Cobra Bob shifter gasket. And finally the engine got AMS Oil synthetic also. Did a basic brake job too with Hawk HPS pads, J&M stainless limes, and Motul fluid. Due to the covid situation shipping on rotors was ridiculous and mine were still fine so I let them be for now. Seriously thinking about the ATS brake conversion for next time though! Recently got a fresh alignment from the best alignment shop I’ve ever experienced too. I’m very happy with how the car is sitting now. Next up is a full detail and paint correction that I’ll be starting to tackle this week. Other than that the only plans for the summer are finally installing the MM full length subframe connectors that I’ve had sitting for about a year and a half. Hoping to enjoy it as much as I can this summer and then this winter it may see a bit more action as far as a serious build goes. I have a teksid block available to me for free and I’m seriously thinking about pulling the motor and building up that block. We shall see though, lots of ideas in store

Nice update! What Lube Locker model number did you use for your rearend? I recently bought some Amsoil for mine and haven’t bought a gasket yet. I was contemplating using a tube of Permatex Black, but I’d rather use a good gasket to be honest.

VLONE

Established Member
Nice update! What Lube Locker model number did you use for your rearend? I recently bought some Amsoil for mine and haven’t bought a gasket yet. I was contemplating using a tube of Permatex Black, but I’d rather use a good gasket to be honest.

I’m not sure the exact product number but I bought it off of LMR and it is the only one offered for these cars.

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Users who are viewing this thread