2003-2004 Front COBRA Brakes

93VORTECH

Established Member
Are the 2003-2004 COBRA Front Brake Calipers specific to just the 03-04 COBRA?? Or were the same exact COBRA Calipers used on the previous years?

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Are the 2003-2004 COBRA Front Brake Calipers specific to just the 03-04 COBRA?? Or were the same exact COBRA Calipers used on the previous years?
Same as the 99/01 cobra and mach 1s and bullitts. I believe the early version 94/95 cobras used a slightly smaller pistons.

93VORTECH

Established Member
Same as the 99/01 cobra and mach 1s and bullitts. I believe the early version 94/95 cobras used a slightly smaller pistons.

Soooooo the Mach 1's & Bullets come with Front Calipers that say "COBRA" on them?

93VORTECH

Established Member
Ok cool. I'm just wondering because it seems like every Cobra specific part for the 03-04 Cobra is worth decent money and holds value. Thought maybe the 03-04 COBRA Calipers would be worth more than the other COBRA marked ones if they were a TERMINATOR only part.

94slowbra1

Established Member
all are twin piston pbr calipers
99+ cobra caliper are dual 40mm pistons
pre 99 cobra calipers are dual 38mm pistons
cobras say "cobra", bullit have a "pony" and mach 1 are plain
there was also a difference in the design of the banjo bolt thread, im unsure of when this took place
and to answer the second part of your question, they dont really "hold their value". they can be found pretty cheap. and for good reason, they are sub par against other performance brakes. better than gt stuff from the same era but definitely not top tier either

93VORTECH

Established Member
all are twin piston pbr calipers
99+ cobra caliper are dual 40mm pistons
pre 99 cobra calipers are dual 38mm pistons
cobras say "cobra", bullit have a "pony" and mach 1 are plain
there was also a difference in the design of the banjo bolt thread, im unsure of when this took place
and to answer the second part of your question, they dont really "hold their value". they can be found pretty cheap. and for good reason, they are sub par against other performance brakes. better than gt stuff from the same era but definitely not top tier either

Ok cool thanks man. Just have a few stock parts laying around and was wondering if they would be worth holding onto. I currently have the Brembo Kit on my car.

52merc

Established Member
PBR Kit.JPG
Baer still sells rebuild kits

Users who are viewing this thread