2002 SVT Ranger Lightning Bolt Concept | Retro Review

offroadkarter

Professional S***poster
Established Member
I don't think SVT had to lie about stats to protect lightning sales considering this was never to be made. I remember reading reviews a long time ago talking about how extremely traction limited this truck was simply because of no weight and all torque.

This truck came out to the ford nationals in Carlisle in 2012 and at the time I was surprised to see it still existed.

DSC_1363-X4.jpg

DSC_1364-X4.jpg

The small poster they gave out listed the 1/4 mile as 12.8 @ 112

DSC_1368-X4.jpg

DSC_1367-X4.jpg

DSC_1369-X4.jpg

DSC_1370-X4.jpg

DSC_1371-X4.jpg

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Wasn’t the stock Gen2 L like 14.2ish?
13.9 is what my book says (for 02) IIRC but that depends on the year. 99-01 had slightly lower power than 02+; 360/70 vs 390hp? I know 02+ torque was 455, don't remember offhand 99-01 torque

Always loved this truck and wouldn't mind taking the 5.4 out of the L and throwing it in a ranger and throwing a godzilla in the L

After I win the lottery I guess

*second edit*
If the lightning bolt was a dodge vehicle they'd throw a 85lb female top fuel driver in it and claim 11.99

wckdvnm

Established Member
The powerblock shows that used to air on tv has a series where they replicated this truck. But they added a cobra IRS and drive train essentially which was interesting. The truck still exists apparently.

Now the expedition with the lighting drive train and visual parts was a concept svt ford unfortunately didn’t get to make. The ford thunder, it is a project I would love to undertake on a cheap expedition. The Ford Thunder - Everything You Didn't Know And Why You've Never Heard Of It

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
The powerblock shows that used to air on tv has a series where they replicated this truck. But they added a cobra IRS and drive train essentially which was interesting. The truck still exists apparently.

Now the expedition with the lighting drive train and visual parts was a concept svt ford unfortunately didn’t get to make. The ford thunder, it is a project I would love to undertake on a cheap expedition. The Ford Thunder - Everything You Didn't Know And Why You've Never Heard Of It

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

I need to ask Kevin what ever happened to that truck. For some reason, I think Ryan kept it.

Users who are viewing this thread