2002 SVT Lightning - 40,086 miles Richmond Virginia

pedro

Established Member
2002 SVT Lightning - 40,086 miles Richmond Virginia *Price Drop*

I never thought the day would come when I listed my Lightning for sale. However the time has come and I'm prepared to part with it. Some of you already know that the wife and I are expecting our first child in just a few short months. It's time for me to get a more family friendly vehicle so the truck needs to go.

I am the second owner of this truck, the first owner had it for a little longer than 1 year, I've had it for almost 4 and a half years and have taken good care of it. It has at this moment 40,086 miles on the odometer. The oil has been changed religiously every 2500-3000 miles using only Ford Motorcraft 5w20 semi synthetic and Mobil 1 oil filters.

The transmission had a complete professional system flush at 32,000 miles with Mercon and a brand new Ford trans filter. The rear end has been serviced twice since I've owner it, Fresh Motorcraft gear oil and Ford's friction modifier were used each time.

New Hankook Ventus 295/45-18 tires were mounted on the factory '02 blemish free wheels about 5 thousand miles ago and have plenty of tread life left. As you can see from the photos the rims have zero curb rash on them.

The truck is lowered using FRPP lowering coil springs up front and JLP 4 inch lowering shackles out back. In February 2007 it was dyno tuned at Amazon Tuning in Anderson South Carolina by Rick Erdman and put 388 rear wheel horsepower and 480 ft/lbs of torque to the ground. These numbers were achieved with a very conservative tune at 15 degrees timing with 93 octane pump gas.

It has Dynatech long tube headers with Dynatech high flow catalytic converters and a MAC performance catback exhaust.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdbZ0Pc6NeQ"]YouTube - 2002 Ford Lightning F150[/ame]
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JlAJ21O7ByA"]YouTube - 2002 Ford Lightning F150 #2[/ame]

The truck has a 4lb Metco lower pulley and a K&N FIPK cold air intake system. Included with the sale of the truck is a Diablosport Predator handheld tuner that contains the original factory Ford engine tune and the capability of tweaking parameters such as tire size, shift points and reading/clearing check engine codes.

If I were to rate this truck on a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being showroom new condition, I'd say it's a definite 9 out of 10. The seats show little to no wear on them, there isn't a single door ding on it, It's never been in an accident or had any body work/paint work done ever.

I'll be sad to see it go, But I'm positive I'll share in the excitement with it's new owner. I love these trucks and I can already see myself shopping for another one in a few years. (when the kids are a little older)

Please feel free to contact me with any questions you might have. The truck is located in Richmond Virginia. I am asking $14,500 but am willing to negotiate. All reasonable offers will be considered.

Regards,
Scott :dancenana:

IMG_0594-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0595-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0596-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0597-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0598-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0599-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0600-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0601-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0602-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0603-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0604-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0605-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0606-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0607-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0575-full.JPG

IMG_0553-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0557-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0555-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0579-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0560-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0563-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0564-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0565-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0566-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0568-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0569-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0570-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0571-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0572-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0573-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0574-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0576-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0577-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0578-full.JPG

IMG_0581-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0582-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0583-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0584-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0554-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0593-full;init:.JPG

IMG_0592-full;init:.JPG

Last edited:

89armygt

Established Member
Man that is a killer price for that truck. Low miles too. Good luck with the sale bro. I know someone will pick her up from you. IF I could I would in a heartbeat.

pedro

Established Member
sweet truck if i sell my dd i'm all over it!

Let me know if you do sell your daily. I don't want to part with it, I've had it close to 5 years now, It's just time for me to get something for the baby.

Take care,
Scott :thumbsup:

pedro

Established Member
I'm taking the truck to the dealership today to see about trading it in. If anybody is interested in my truck, It'll probably be gone in less than a week.

All reasonable offers will be considered.
-Scott

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
just curious what is that black thing where the oil cap is supposed to be, sorry i havent had a lightning since 2002 and dont recall that mod being out.

also nice truck free bump.

if my wrx that i am trying to sell gets sold i will hit you up

pedro

Established Member
just curious what is that black thing where the oil cap is supposed to be, sorry i havent had a lightning since 2002 and dont recall that mod being out.

also nice truck free bump.

if my wrx that i am trying to sell gets sold i will hit you up

That is the L&S oil separator. Vince at L&S automotive came out when them for our trucks back in 2004. They're pretty much the best thing available for oil control on these engines.

Let me know when you sell that subu. :beer:
-Scott

Here is a link to the L&S website.
http://www.lnsauto.com/main.shtml

Thomas Morgan

Established Member
what did they say they would give you for a trade in?
I bet if you posted up what they are gonna give you someone would at least give you that for it and the truck would pass on to some other ford guy as opposed to one of the employees at the dealership.

anyway, are the brackets on the back of your truck for that leather teanu cover, do you still have it?

pedro

Established Member
what did they say they would give you for a trade in?
I bet if you posted up what they are gonna give you someone would at least give you that for it and the truck would pass on to some other ford guy as opposed to one of the employees at the dealership.

anyway, are the brackets on the back of your truck for that leather teanu cover, do you still have it?

Yes those brackets on the bedrails are for the factory tonneau cover. I do still have it, The corners are frayed a bit, and I had bought the Bedrug so I just removed the soft cover. It will come with the truck if the next buyer would like it.

pedro

Established Member
That is a KILLER price for a truck in that shape. Wish I could sell my 32v Foxbody for it.
Jeff

Thanks Jeff, I wish you could sell your fox body too. Somebody is going to get a really nice truck for not a lot of money here. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread