2002 SVT Focus 2dr black

jimmysnake03

Established Member
I have a 2002 svt focus with about 99k miles on it, it has had the timing belt replaced all normal maint done, motor mounts replaced, cold air intake, sct3 tuner with toms tune, other than that it is stock. I am looking to get 5500 out of it.

303792_2171943870412_1601238082_2108590_6805525_n.jpg

svtme0620

Established Member
Im interested

Hey im actually just south of atlanta.. Im very intrested in your focus.. i have cash. Is there anyway you could send me somemore pics? and has the timing belt ever been changed?? call me or txt me at 678 677 5399. Hope to hear from you...:banana:

jimmysnake03

Established Member
I will try and get some more pics right now it started doing a high idle so I just changed the tps, iac valve and am looking for a vacuum leak. It did have the timing belt changed rescently. As soon as I get some more free time to check out the idle I will keep you updated.

6BangEr

Established Member
Please keep me posted as well. I am in Jacksonville. Have been looking for an SVT focus in good shape. Text me more pics if you can 904-713-1733

jimmysnake03

Established Member
Sorry I havent been able to look at the idle problem yet I think it is a vacuum leak, I am in the navy and on det right now and will be back Dec 7th so I will be able to take a look at it then. If someone wants to come and take a look at it the way it is I can knock some money off it but once it is fixed the price will be firm. My wife is around to show it to you if you want to look at it or you can just wait till I get back in town.

jimmysnake03

Established Member
Ttt

I am too busy to keep messing with it but the idle is still messed up I will take 4K for it the way it is now, need this thing gone I have 2 other cars that I am working on and house stuff I just am too busy to keep messing with it. 904-742-2413

jimmysnake03

Established Member
I think it has something to do with the iac valve, but when you drive it the rpms kinda hang every once and a while and climb up to about 4k with the clutch in the they will go down when you put a load back on the engine. I had it data logged and every sensor seems to be working I am thinking something with the intake manifold and the iac valve.

jimmysnake03

Established Member
Well price is back up to 5000 the idle problem was advanced auto gave me the wrong iac valve so that is fixed with the stock one, the rpm hanging up and climbing was the throttle body plate was loose and catching the throttle body but only when the engine was under a load so that is cleaned and tightened now the car runs perfect and has just been completely gone thru to make sure all the vacuum lines and all the sensors are working properly so it is ready to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread