2002 Saleen Modifications

SVT Adam

Established Member
How does it run below 4k rpms? Do you have the ability to look at live data while it’s running? Do you have a wideband?
I haven't driven it yet. I've logged a couple of idle and free revving logs for him and that's when he's noticed intermittent readings when it was over 4k.

No wideband, I should probably get one

Not sure if I can view live data. If I plug my sct x4 into my laptop will I be able to view live?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I haven't driven it yet. I've logged a couple of idle and free revving logs for him and that's when he's noticed intermittent readings when it was over 4k.

Not sure if I can view live data. If I plug my sct x4 into my laptop will I be able to view live?
yes, the livelink software will let you view everything in real time

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member

As mentioned above…yes you can plug the tuner into your laptop assuming you have all the cables to do that.

I just wonder what the AFR is actually doing vs what the sensors are saying. Typically O2 sensors aren’t go bad, they just reporting what they are seeing…being that our O2s are narrow bands, makes it slightly tougher to diagnose which is why a wideband is almost necessary when modifying these cars with boost, in my humble opinion.

I hate trying to diagnose peoples issues on the internet. My advice would be to view live data, get a wideband, and start from there. Don’t assume the O2s are bad.

SVT Adam

Established Member
As mentioned above…yes you can plug the tuner into your laptop assuming you have all the cables to do that.

I just wonder what the AFR is actually doing vs what the sensors are saying. Typically O2 sensors aren’t go bad, they just reporting what they are seeing…being that our O2s are narrow bands, makes it slightly tougher to diagnose which is why a wideband is almost necessary when modifying these cars with boost, in my humble opinion.

I hate trying to diagnose peoples issues on the internet. My advice would be to view live data, get a wideband, and start from there. Don’t assume the O2s are bad.
I was hoping it was a simple repair and started with replacing the sensors. I'll hook up to my laptop and go from there. Thanks!

2003RedfireVert

Male and Female He created them.
Established Member
I was hoping it was a simple repair and started with replacing the sensors. I'll hook up to my laptop and go from there. Thanks!
Case in point…My neighbor has a 2013 Yukon. His truck was throwing “rich” codes. So he put in new O2 sensors. Still ran rough, still ran rich…lights came back on. They replaced one rear O2 sensor …same problem. He was baffled. His mechanic didn’t know the problem. I told him it was probably actually running rich due the alcohol content being wrong and to have his mechanic look at that. Low and behold, his mechanic found that the ethanol content value the computer had was 70%. His truck was running E70 fuel trims on pump gas. Fairly common problem on the GM flex fuel vehicles.

They chased this problem for months. Had his mechanic properly diagnosed the problem and actually looked at the data, he would have fixed his truck in 5 minutes for free by resetting the alcohol content value (which I did last night for him). Instead they spent several hundred dollars and hopefully didn’t ruin his catalytic converters due to running filthy rich for months.

SVT Adam

Established Member
First time wheels have been on the ground in a few months! Took it down the road to get some fresh 93 and it ran great. Hoping to start data logging this week if the weather plays nice.
IMG_8824.jpg

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia

Users who are viewing this thread