2002 lightning what to pay?

snake187

Established Member
whats up fellas i sold my 98 cobra a while ago and have ran through a few lexus's and a hummer now im dead set on a lightning so my ? is what should one pay for a black 02 w/102k no seat side bolster wear, line-x spray-in, pretty much stock other than a ported&polished blower 2.93 upper pulley and slp exhaust not sure if i can go buy blue book or nada being that these are somewhat rare trucks thank for any info guys :beer:

Skrat

Established Member
102k miles!?!?...Buy mine. 2003 Sonic blue 51k miles, minor bolt on mods/suspension. $13,500

snake187

Established Member
hell i would if

man i sure would if it were black i have to match the rest of the fleet lol but thats great miles at a even better price but seriously i really would drive up and take it off your hands if it were

jwiles6186

I Hate Speed Bumps!
Established Member
With that many miles I'd start off at $5,000 and see if he bites, but wouldn't go any higher then $10,000

snake187

Established Member
thanks guys he wants 10k firm but its in ga but i might pass and just keep looking for a lower mileage one i found a super clean black 99 one not far from me in tenn. w/25k for 13,500 but was told to try to get an 01 and up because of the little changes

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
thanks guys he wants 10k firm but its in ga but i might pass and just keep looking for a lower mileage one i found a super clean black 99 one not far from me in tenn. w/25k for 13,500 but was told to try to get an 01 and up because of the little changes

buy the freaking sonic blue! rarest color and great milage.

dieselcrank

Established Member
I'm looking at a super clean 02 silver with only exhaust mods,2 owners, new brakes and tires,no curbing,has soft bedcover, 42,500 miles and the inside is clean ,seats are nice. Issues, headlight switch handle comes off when try to turn on driving lamps,cruise does not work-I think its the clock spring, tiny soft door dent-less than dime size and I could get that PDR'd. The rear bumper pad has the slightest scuff and theres a dent inside the front bed panel from sliding object in bed, I would have to fix and do a spray in liner.
Theres not a chip on the front, the underside is clean,clean. The truck is now at $14,500, I made a offer several months ago of 14K. It's 85 miles from me and my color. It does not have the cd changer. I would have to address these things listed and do the labor myself, take the door panels off and get tinted and my tint guy does PDR and bedliners. I feel I would need to at least $650 right off. Opinions? I 've driven it and it's super nice.

SVT-BansheeMan

up the bayou
Established Member
The only reason to buy a very high mileage L imo is if the body etc is in good condition and you will go built right away.

I payed almost 27k for mine almost 2 years ago and it was well worth it.

snake187

Established Member
^ thanks man yeah i'm looking for a much lower mileage one right now im gonna relax and take my time and stop acting like money is burning a hole in my pocket. thanks for all the feedback guys

Lightninglee

Lightninglee
Established Member
on ebay rite now, starting bid 8700, 01 black, 20 in boyd coddington rims, kenne bell 2.3 etc, gaylord tonneau, bout my 04 silver L with 55k on ebay last dec. for 13,500

SNCBOOM

Established Member
You may be better off stripping it down to stock and selling the KB. :shrug: I hope you get close to your asking price though.

Smokinjoe

Established Member
With that many miles I'd start off at $5,000 and see if he bites, but wouldn't go any higher then $10,000

$5000!! :??: Might as well just walk up to the seller and slap him in the face. He would probably tell you to stop waisting his time.

1LethalSVT

Established Member
whats up fellas i sold my 98 cobra a while ago and have ran through a few lexus's and a hummer now im dead set on a lightning so my ? is what should one pay for a black 02 w/102k no seat side bolster wear, line-x spray-in, pretty much stock other than a ported&polished blower 2.93 upper pulley and slp exhaust not sure if i can go buy blue book or nada being that these are somewhat rare trucks thank for any info guys :beer:

KBB lists it as 11,345 in excellent condition. However that's in the north Florida area. I'ed offer the guy 8500 cash.

Users who are viewing this thread