2002 Lightning Expedition. Full Drivetrain Swap Built Motor 10k$$

raslobra98

Established Member
Scroll down for pics!!

I am selling the most bad ace daily driver on the planet. It's a 2002 expedition sport with a full lightning drivetrain swap including the ecu, dash cluster. It all looks factory, no hacking or nothing! This car is the perfect DD with cold ac, it can cruise 8 people with the third row seating , smoke a gt mustang and tow 9500 lbs like nothing.

The guy who did the swap was a head diesel mechanic at a ford dealership in Houston and he did a fantastic job. I bought the car from him two years ago with 90k miles and have put about 20k miles on it (odometer shows 110xxx), the forged short block had 3kmiles at the time of the swap of 43k miles, so now it has about 70kmiles. Since his ad is still available, I'm going to copy paste below what he wrote so I don't have to. The only thing I have added is a new big 14" AFE air filter and dual electric fans. B

Here is what he wrote, call me with any questions:
I have for sale my 2002 Expedition XLT Sport with a SVT Lightning engine conversion. Started as a 56k mile Sport with a 5.4l, 4R100 trans, 9.75" rear with 3.55 locker, dual air, rear air suspension- stays level pulling trailer, trailer tow, adj pedals, etc. All swap parts came from a rear end collision 2003 Lightning with 43k miles. I performed the swap 4 years ago at 56k miles. Currently the Lightning cluster shows 90k miles, so that means the body now has 103k.Vehicle is a daily driver and only selling to put a new roof on my house. Truck is located just south of Houston TX.

I had the truck conservatively tuned by Jim D'Amore from JDM Engnineering at 398 hp, 494 ft#- didnt build it to race, just wanted a unique family ride. Short block is from Johnny Lightning Performance with Manely rods and pistons, all ARP fasteners including head studs, 6# lower pulley, Accufab throttle body, dual intank pumps, Magnaflow mid pipes with 2 high flow converters, and 3" Magnaflow stainless catback exhaust system. Trans has a line mod valve and 4x4 pan, suspension is a Ford Racing 2" drop spring and shock kit. Has 2001 Lightning wheels, 4 brand new Nitto tires, new front and rear brakes, recently serviced trans, rear diff, and cooling system, SVT headlights and corner lamps, gauge cluster, 5 autometer gauges, steering wheel, 6 disc cd ( which now decided not to load discs). Under hood is straight Lightning- no hacking of wires or butchering in any way! Video and pics here.

Robert
512-563-5359

218.jpg

227.jpg

214.jpg

224.jpg

226.jpg

222.jpg

219.jpg

221.jpg

217.jpg

209.jpg

205.jpg

204.jpg

206.jpg

198-1.jpg

199-1.jpg

203.jpg

202.jpg

201.jpg

th_230.jpg

Last edited:

RIO RED SNAKE

4:10's = The Suck
Established Member
Holy shit, that thing is soooo badass, look at the wheels on there, damn goodlooking, oh man would I love this..

raslobra98

Established Member
Sorry guys been in Hawaii for work last two weeks. Still in Hawaii, I'll be back Friday and I'll respond to pms then.

Yes expo is still available.

Price is 10,000$, non negotiable.

Mileage is approx 15 hwy /12 city.

And sorry but not interested in trades.

Thanks
Robert

hyvltge

PSI
Established Member
Sorry guys been in Hawaii for work last two weeks. Still in Hawaii, I'll be back Friday and I'll respond to pms then.

Yes expo is still available.

Price is 10,000$, non negotiable.

Mileage is approx 15 hwy /12 city.

And sorry but not interested in trades.

Thanks
Robert

Robert, I texted you from the 480 area code. Still interested in more details, feel free to text me.

Teal Terminator

Established Member
I'm guessing the answer to this question is "no" but I have to ask anyway out of sheer curiosity... have you ever run it at the track and have any ET/MPH numbers?

Sweet and unique ride. Slap some Lightning bumpers on that thing and it would look sweet!

Basically the Ford Thunder "experimental" Expedition:

00 Thunder Expedition Article

T76 Mach

Established Member
I can vouch for the badass ride.The guy who built it is anal about perfection and he has done tons of custom work here is Houston.One of the few people who get to work on my rides.Truck is sick

RedBirdin96

Established Member
What kind of towing have you done with it, and does it have a brake controller for electric trailer brakes? Also is the transmission still the stock Expedition trans, or was that swapped in from the lightning as well. Has the trans been upgraded to handle the extra power? I am waiting to see if I have a buyer for one of my cars, and then I definitely have some interest in this.

Thanks,
Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread