2002 Ford Focus SVT | Retro Review

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Ah, here comes some cool memories of the infamous NMRA Focus Frenzy class racing back in the day. That was a fun view, Sid. That little pocket rocket had some really great performance and handling.

4.698gt

Established Member
Friends father drives one that my friend got cheap. Awesome little suspension and loves to be wound up

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
Ah, here comes some cool memories of the infamous NMRA Focus Frenzy class racing back in the day. That was a fun view, Sid. That little pocket rocket had some really great performance and handling.

The fSVT was a favorite of SVT Engineers.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
I had an 02 SVT Focus when they first came out. It was Sonic Blue and a really fun little car.

Dirks9901

Paint>Vinyl
Established Member
Premium Member
Had a CO FSVT 04. Loved it.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

jvert

Established Member
Had a 5-door red 2004 SVT. It was a great car and fun open track lapping. Just a blast to drive. Wish I never sold it but the Chicago winters got to it.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Always had love for the SVT focus. Always loved the 2004 blue

TORQUERULES

Established Member
I miss my little 2000 3-door Focus, not an SVT of course, but I threw everything at it short of a built longblock and it could really scoot for the time. Civic Si's stood no chance just from the torque advantage. Handling was way above the competition, especially once I threw springs, dampers, sway bars, Sean Hyland 17" wheels with the same tire size as the SVT, and bushings at it. Loved being able to pick that inside rear wheel up in a corner. Lol.

Crank windows, crank sunroof, barebones and a ton of fun.

I remember one year my ex brother in law followed my up in it to National Trail to the Ford meet where I was entering my Mustang (and won editor's choice, etc. I might add), and that year they had a Focus class. He asked if he could enter it and it won the class. Just wiped the bugs off and put fresh tire dressing on.

svtfocus2cobra

Opprimere, Velocitas, Violentia Operandi
Established Member
Never saw the appeal over an EM1 Civic SI. Now that car was tits.

Is the EM1 Civic the same year of the SVTF? If so, they were slow as shit. Raced multiple at the strip and the street and even the slow Focus could take them by over a car length.

Users who are viewing this thread