2002 F-150 HD Reconditioning

psychoshack

Hello

I inherited a 2002 F-150 HD over the weekend. It's number 8474. Mileage is just a tick over 85K. It was well cared for up until about 18 months ago. I got the oil changed and now have to change the brake pads. The fog lights have been knocked out due to road missiles found on our Okie cattle trails we call roads. The crappy American leather is failing on the seats. I've always wondered why our auto leather seems to be the worse in the world seeing we slaughter more cattle a day than anywhere else in the world. The lower valance is scratched up and there is a slight dent in the rear bumper that needs attention and a few door type dings I can't explane High on the fenders. It has the typical Ford auto HVAC issue. It has a vacuum leak I can't find so it's defaulted to defrost vent only. I've already went through the under hood lines and have replaced the o-rings in the control unit. Still fubared.

I would like to mod the truck a tad. 20 to 30 hp and some more TQ would be nice. Simple stuff that can be yanked off if need be. I'm sure the truck will be worth a lot more in OEM condition in the long run.

What I'm really interested in is preserving the truck. I would like the leather to be restored to a new OEM look of higher quality materials. Find some OEM fog lights. And a over all good source for OEM parts for the old want to be beast.

Thank You
psy

psychoshack

Why the shrug? I like the truck. And am proud to have it! I would rather have the man back that use to own it. I just want to preserve it and make it better as a old lux-o-boat,,, I mean truck. :) It honestly already has enough power to shred $500 in rear rubber in a 20 sec burn out.... lololol

Hopkins

Hey man look on ebay for the seat covers. I found them on there . Good luck fixing it up.

CV355

_
Established Member
Those are nice trucks, but I am sorry for your loss.

Finding original seat upholstery might be tough- eBay and F150-specific forums may be your best route. Or, keep an eye out on Copart or possibly LKQ.

TMI sells some awesome seat upholstery kits though they won't have the original look. If you know anyone with an embroidering machine, you could put the HD in the center. That'd be unique!

http://www.tmiproducts.com/trucks/ford.html

Users who are viewing this thread