2001 Worth Exhaust Upgrade?

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
I just bought my 2001 Cobra 2 weeks ago, and am ready to start the MODS :)

I was just curious, since Ford had problems with the '99's, and upgraded the exhaust themselves, would I get anymore HP if I added more of a free-flowing exhaust? I mean, is it free-flowing enough stock now, since that along with some intake stuff is all they did to increase the performance? (that's what I read, maybe they did a lot more)... I'm just curious if I buy a totally new X-Pipe/Cat-Back system, will I see the same performance increase like I did in my 98GT, or will it be nill since Ford already upgraded it....

Thanks!

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
I put a Bassani X w/Cats and Bassani Cat back on my car. I only picked up 8 RWHP and 5 RWTQ. But I would do it again, the sound is bad as Hell. Love the Bassani!

Tim

puddin

I just put a BBK Off road X pipe on my dad's 2001 Cobra. Just the sound is worth the price of $200. It drastically changed the tone of the car and I expect it would have added horsepower, because the four stock catalytic convertors had to be restircting it somehow. Hope this helps.

[iSEPIC]

Damn Crazy SVT Poster
Established Member
Okay, thanks a lot guys... I was just curious if that was all I was going to get, was more grumble.. :) Its about 1200 for a full cat-back system (bassanni) installed, I'm a computer-head (gear-head wanna be in training) so I figged I'd ask if it was gonna be worth it... I'm sure it will pay off when I get some sort of forced induction later down the road (in HP)...

thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread