"2001 Silver Cobra - Roller FS"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willbilly

Established Member
Hi guys,
I have a stock, silver 2001 cobra with a blown motor that i'd rather sell than repair. It has 115k miles and it is in 7/10 condition. I think I sucked in some water on a bad rain storm and it hydrolocked. The oil and coolant fluid were both free flowing out immediately after this happened. I could not find any holes in the block and I saw the fluids coming from the oil pan gasket areas, nothing any higher than that. Will not be able to upload any pictures until monday.

Based on that info what would you guys think the car is worth as is? If anyone is interested in this you can PM me.

12C/OBoss

Established Member
BTW I live about 1.5 hours from you near Hershey PA and I am very interested in a roller. Please send me those pics ASAP with details on the car. I am building an open track vehicle and was going to do either a 4 cyl fox notch with Griggs or a sn95 with a Cobra ind. rear swap:beer:

Willbilly

Established Member
Email sent

Here are two pictures for anyone else to get an idea of the value of the car. The wheels are all 01 cobra aluminum 17" wheels. Ignore the big black chrone wheel. The car has flowmaster axleback exhaust, short shifter, and a Spec Stage 1 clutch w/ 30k miles on it. Other than that the only booboo is a crack in the bottom right site of the rear bumper and some rear bumper disoclortation. The rest looks great, inside and out.
jb1zb7.jpg

21rinr.jpg

Porter68

Established Member
You should get about $3k-$3.5k. Id buy it if you were closer. These engines are not cheap and I have found out that it is tough to find someone that knows how to build them correctly.

smokingtz

Established Member
Anybody who would want to put a motor in it won't want to give you more than $3K but it should be worth more. Rebuiding a 4V gets pricey. It's worth tons more in parts. The hydrolocked motor is worth $1500. It's all about what you want to deal with. The dude who buys your car for $3K will be bragging about how cheap he got an 01.

Willbilly

Established Member
Alright guys. Thanks to LIGHTNING LARRY for changing the topic title. This car is now for sale.

I have received several offers in the last few days, including from members of SVTP. If you would like to see some pictures of it please go to my craigslist add. I live in Coatesville, PA which is 40 miles west of Philadelphia and 40 miles north of Baltimore. Unfortunately I cannot bring it anywhere and any deliver costs will be taken on by the purchaser.

Thanks,
Will

EDIT: CHEESE AND RICE SORRY FOR THE LARGE PHOTOS

2iivepy.jpg

2u9lc01.jpg

Last edited:

Willbilly

Established Member
Hi guys. Sorry I didn't put a closer on this. I will pm a mod to close it as well.

Car was sold for $3500 in October.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread