2001 Radio Question

tms217

Established Member
I was trying to set the speed sensitive control but no matter what I set it to it does not change the sound. Does this function work on the 2001 Cobras? What am I doing wrong? If the function does not work from factory can it be made to work?

Terry

Cobra-R

Established Member
Originally posted by tms217
I was trying to set the speed sensitive control but no matter what I set it to it does not change the sound. Does this function work on the 2001 Cobras? What am I doing wrong? If the function does not work from factory can it be made to work?

Terry

I wasn't even aware that it is suppose to have it. I will try it tonight and report back. I assume it works simular to the Lightning radio?

Brian

tms217

Established Member
All 2001 come with the in dash 6 disc cd changer. Push and hold the volume nob it will pop up "Speed" and then have a number 1-7. You can change the number but the sound does not change.

2001LaserRed

Established Member
I'm not sure how it's supposed to work in the Cobras, or if it even does, but when I was test driving an SS (yeah yeah -- so I test drove one and I like them, but not as much as I like the Cobra!), a salesman explained how it works in the SS. Basically, you're not supposed to notice a difference in the sound level -- that's the whole point. As the engine noise goes up, so does the sound. If you were just sitting in your driveway/garage, you shouldn't notice any difference. Anyway, that's how the same feature supposedly works in the SS.

Jeff

tms217

Established Member
I know you are not suppose to notice the sound by the 99 L has it and you really dont notice it when you speed up but it is really noticeable when you slow down. When i tried to set it in the Cobra I could not hear the radio after I got up to speed.

Terry

Cobra-R

Established Member
Your right it's there. I set mine at four, but havn't driven it yet to see if it makes a difference.

I agree, It is noticeable in the lightning when you slow down from highway speeds for a light or whatever.

Brian

Users who are viewing this thread