2001 Lightning

sn8kbit

Established Member
Hello All,
I have just purchased a 2001 Lightning and want your ideas and opinions for upgrades. I've contacted superchips for their spec's and prices. Is there a better chip than the superchip? Also I'm considering other performance upgrades but before I invest in anything, I thought I'd better get all of your input first. Please help me out here, your suggestions are very valuable! This is my second SVT. I also own a 98 Cobra Convertible. I love the SVT product!
Thanks in advance for your input,
Ken

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
Welcome to SVT PERFORMANCE bud....

My advice is call Jim or Julie at JDM ENGINEERING they work with the superchip but add their own "flava" to it and it runs much harder, the number is 1-788-780-0770. Either Jim or Julie will pick up, and just talk to them,tell them what you want your truck to run and listen to them they will help.Most of the guys around this forum run w/ JDM chip and it kicks ass.

enough said.

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
lol........thanks Don.
I don't know what I was thinkin' when I posted the phone number, I know it by heart I dial the damn thing so often :)
The flava remark was funny.....lol....

stamper01L

Established Member
Welcome. I just joined the Lightning family yesterday as well. I was thinking about a torque converter and a chip. but I had a Yank converter before and was thinking about doing that again, or is JDM's better. I know from reading it has less stall. Can Jim also burn a chip for a converter that isn't his? Maybe I should call him.

Users who are viewing this thread