2001 Cobra

TTAFB_SVT

BETHA'S BACK !!!!!!!
Established Member
When I opted to buy my 2001 GT a month ago instead of a 2001 Cobra it was only because I couldn't deal with the local SVT dealer. I recently found out that my very local Ford dealer where I bought my GT can buy any Ford off any other lot and sell it through their lot. So now I'm very close to trading for a 2001 Cobra. The 1999 that I found fell through on me so I may buy a Cobra. The lot they are going to purcase from has two yellow 'verts and a yellow and silver coupe. I will buy a yellow one but I haven't decided whether a coupe or convertible. Any advice on what's better and any advice on how to get them to take it easy on me when I'm trading in a month old car? Thanks.

2001LaserRed

Established Member
Hey 52merc, I notice in your sig that you have an '01 and that you know the production number. You get your information already? Or do you have another means of getting that info?

LR 01 Cobra

Founding Member
Established Member
To get you production number Call SVT (1-800-367-3788) ( 1-800- ford svt) Have you vin on hand. That's all you should need.

Tim

stylin99

Established Member
Congratulations on the color choice!
thumbsup.gif
Is your GT Yellow? You can see by my sig, that I'm slightly biased on colors. :rolling:

As far as trading a car you just bought. I'm afraid to say you may have a hard time getting a good deal just because you can buy a brand new one now with 0.0% financing which is hard to pass up. Maybe if you wait till after Oct. 31 when the deal ends, you'll have a better chance of selling or trading your GT.

snake1

Coupe or convertible:

If you're gonna do much drag racing at a track, you'd probably be better off in a coupe, since many tracks require approved rollbars in fast verts (<14.0, <13.0, varies by track). Most road race tracks require rollbars in coupes as well, so that's not an issue here.

Otherwise, get the vert. Mine is my first vert, and I love it. Top-down motoring is an absolute joy, especially in a Cobra.

fangstang

Established Member
I own a white coupe w/ parch. interior and I love it! I always wanted a convertable though. If you lookin to road race or drag race get the coupe, its much stiffer. But, if the car is being bought for pure pleasure of driving then by all means get the convert!

COBRA90GT

The Joe is rockin'
Established Member
Tip: Before you "buy" the one you select, please check out the engine, listen for pinging....you'll have to get on it a little bit, esp with the A/C or heat on...give the engine a load to work with, then listen for detonation. You'll be glad you did....I can't stress this enough, you DO NOT want to buy a "pinger" :) goodluck & congrats!

Users who are viewing this thread