2001 cobra stock rwhp ? and how much power with parts?

smoked01cobra

Established Member
They help but it's harder to launch unless you have a tire. For reference I went 13.3 @ 105 bone stock back in 02 and with the 4.30 and cai I did a 13.3 106. But to be fair the 2nd was into a 20 mph headwind.

I see and thats good to know, I am kinda kicking around the idea of selling my 01 and buying a termie. I got sticker shock after they told my how much $$ it was to set up new gears in that IRS.. I was formely/still am an MN12 guy which also has IRS but when I had gears done it wasnt that much cash.. were talking 800 bucks plus gears!!

quick01snake

Your View
Established Member
I'm in the same boat about gears, they were messed up when I bought the car, and the guy I know that does gears says it is such a pain because you have to remove the pumpkin to do it, and that the IRS rear takes so much carrier preload to make the gearset not howl. I'm saving a bunch by removing the pumpkin myself and taking it to him.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
I see and thats good to know, I am kinda kicking around the idea of selling my 01 and buying a termie. I got sticker shock after they told my how much $$ it was to set up new gears in that IRS.. I was formely/still am an MN12 guy which also has IRS but when I had gears done it wasnt that much cash.. were talking 800 bucks plus gears!!
Just eaton swap it!

smoked01cobra

Established Member
Just eaton swap it!

I have thought about it, but that will still end up running 5 g's most likely.. I know some people have done it for 2 grand but im usually not the lucky one.. I know a guy with a brand new eaton blower ut there are like 48 other parts to get..

RX1Cobra

Established Member
It cost me about 3200 with the tune. Made 440 at 6400 rpm and was still climbing but shut it down.

Double"O"

N2S come get some
Established Member
i made 276rwhp/280/rwtq bone stock (went 13.50s at 104 stock)

300/300 with a FR500 catback and Mac Prochamber ( went 13.30s at 106 that way)

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
wow, your thriwing down a good track time with that set up... I have ca I throttle body upr x with catback, I was running 14.3 best but it was my first trip to the track, and first stick I have ever raced. did the gears really wake up the car?? I was thinking about 3;73 as opposed to other options.. anyone know what kinda quarter mile time improvements you can see with the diff gears?

My 13.3 run was with my IRS and stock 3.27s. I should absolutely be in the 12s with the new setup.

RX1Cobra

Established Member
Did you happen to take pics along the way? maybe on another thread?
Are you happy with the swap?
I have some random pics I took along the way but nothing that would help with a swap. I can post the pics if you want but I love the swap. The car is so much more fun now. In the last five years I've probably put 500 miles on the car. In the last two months after the swap ive put on more than that.

smoked01cobra

Established Member
My 13.3 run was with my IRS and stock 3.27s. I should absolutely be in the 12s with the new setup.

Good Lord! I must not know how to drive my car! I have owned it a year, going to the track august 22nd for a second time. You have an SCT tune correct? If you have Xcal do you switch the three tunes and notice any difference? like from street/race etc?

I have some random pics I took along the way but nothing that would help with a swap. I can post the pics if you want but I love the swap. The car is so much more fun now. In the last five years I've probably put 500 miles on the car. In the last two months after the swap ive put on more than that.

Yeah man post some pics!!:rockon: Did you put in the wrench time on your swap? I cant take on a project like that at the time, I have a built 93 T bird I am attempting a color change and just about ready for paint.:-D

Hunter9003

Established Member
Not to jack the OP's thread, but what do you guys think im putting down with my 2001? I just changed plugs and everything tuning her up with 79k miles. MAC LT's, o/r x pipe to mags. CAI. 4.10s (dont affect it lol), short throw, and stage 2 clutch, all can custom tuned by bama 93 race tune. 320rwhp? Jw thanks! I think I can beat the 5.0 too 45mph honestly lol

Badaz01

Established Member
Pardon me for bumping a 7 year old thread but my 2001 cobra put down 298rwhp and 308tq with jlt cold air kit bbk throttle body intake spacer catback and 93 performance custom tune. Putting in the long tubes this week pumped to see the addition in power.

shurur

Established Member
Pardon me for bumping a 7 year old thread but my 2001 cobra put down 298rwhp and 308tq with jlt cold air kit bbk throttle body intake spacer catback and 93 performance custom tune. Putting in the long tubes this week pumped to see the addition in power.

That's great.
But probably only the tune and catback are giving you any bump.

Start your own new thread.
Folks will respond.

shurur

Established Member
How do you start a new thread?
You should see a red field <POST NEW THREAD> button at the bottom right of the forum you want to post in.

You may still have to make a few more comments before getting the rights to post and the button to show.

Users who are viewing this thread