2001 cobra rebuild cost and suggested bore

Cameronm1234

I wanna get my 01 cobra motor rebuilt and prepped to supercharge how much am I looking at? Also I want it bored to renew the piston seals how much should I have it bored?

rfreeman37

Established Member
First are you mechanically inclined? Are you planning to do it yourself potentially? The most you can bore it is .30 over. The price will differ depending on your area and if you have multiple shops in your area to price match. As far as how much depends on if you buy new if you buy used will you get heads checked out what fasteners are you gonna use? Will you replace connecting rods with better ones? There is a serious list you need to made but first you need to get a budget cause until you get a budget and sense of direction you will be like a puppy chasing his tail. Set your goals first. Set your budget then you will have a direction.

jeason15

Established Member
First are you mechanically inclined? Are you planning to do it yourself potentially? The most you can bore it is .30 over. The price will differ depending on your area and if you have multiple shops in your area to price match. As far as how much depends on if you buy new if you buy used will you get heads checked out what fasteners are you gonna use? Will you replace connecting rods with better ones? There is a serious list you need to made but first you need to get a budget cause until you get a budget and sense of direction you will be like a puppy chasing his tail. Set your goals first. Set your budget then you will have a direction.

+10000000000000

That's some of the best advice I have ever heard for someone asking this type of question on a forum. Like freeman said, your build price will be entirely dependent upon your budget. That 4v cobra motor can be built well for anywhere from 2-4k and can go as high as 13-14k (just on the long block). If you give us a better idea of what you have to spend, the answer can get a little more concise.

Users who are viewing this thread