2001 cobra price?

1SCSVT

I was looking at a 2001 corba vert and they wanted $33,500 plus $2500 over sticker! They are going to let me use the x-plan not all dealers will do this. $31,700 is this a good deal? I told them I did't pay over sticker on my lightning and I'am not going to on the cobra either.

01COBRASTANG

Price

I work for Ford and got the A plan...it came to 29,700 just got it last week.Talked with a guy from Flordia and, he told me that he came to MI to get his Cobra because they wanted $3,500 over sticker in Fla. he figured it was worth the ticket price and, also got to break it in on the way home...Some thing to think about.

quick99snake

Established Member
Hmmmm... I never seen one with no wing. Does it look alright?

BTW, they're marking cobras up about $3500 for "loan value adjustment" around here, and about $3000 for the L's

REDLYNE

Established Member
WOW!!!!

Unbelievable! Maybe timing is everything.

My 99 Cobra Coupe had a $29.2K sticker price in February of 2000...I'm glad it was still winter in Chicago-land, because the same car had an original sticker of $30.8K. The new "Winter Special" sticker was undernreath the original sticker price. This was with all options.

Ended up getting them down to $27.6K after saying "I wanted black"..."I'm not sure if its practical"...etc. AFter tax/title, I got it for $29.5K....only $300 over the original sticker (which was already low because it was winter).

Had to wait 2 days because they had to get it out of the show-room. Seats, door handles, etc. were still covered in plastic. Waited 1 extra day because of sleet...then I finally drove her home.

tms217

Established Member
I just went to the local dealer they have a Yellow 2001 with the chrome wheels. They quoted me X-Plan for 27630 + tax + title

01Snake

Established Member
I bought mine in July at list - $29825 from Downs Ford. This included the rear spoiler, polished rims & lousy floor mats. They currently have 2 coupes & 2 convertibles on the lot.

2001LaserRed

Established Member
Yeah, got mine at list too with all options (all 3 of 'em). That's what they're going for here in Raleigh -- they don't stay on the lot (actually they put 'em in the showroom to keep people from test driving them just for fun) very long.

Definitely worth it though! :r:

tms217

Established Member
?

hey laser which dealership did you get you Cobra at was it Crossroads or Capital? I went to Capital and it seemed like they didnt want to sell me one so I went to crossroads and got the only hardtop they had. $26000 out the door.

Terry

2001LaserRed

Established Member
That's an incredible price (unless you get a deal through Ford) considering that invoice w/o options, but including destination charges, is 27,150. That means Ford paid you to take the car off their hands (unless you got a rebate?). I hope I never have to sell you anything!

Timing is everything! Yeah, I got mine at CrossRoads too. I only paid about a $1000 under MSRP (due to getting about a grand more for my trade than I really should have) -- I got one of the first ones they sold. They were selling like hot-cakes then. Now, you can get one for less than MSRP and get financing at 0.9% and even get a $1500 rebate. I guess they're no longer selling same day they get put on the showroom floor. I'm still glad I got mine when I did though. Love the car.

Users who are viewing this thread