2001 Cobra Body in White

fajr22

Established Member
The car in the photo IS NOT THE CAR IM INQUIRING ABOUT. That is a random online vin decoder. That picture is a generic picture that pops up when you enter a mustang vin. The point was proving to SHURUR he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. That a cobra indeed is vin specific

shurur

Established Member
The car in the photo IS NOT THE CAR IM INQUIRING ABOUT. That is a random online vin decoder. That picture is a generic picture that pops up when you enter a mustang vin. The point was proving to SHURUR he doesn’t know what he’s talking about. That a cobra indeed is vin specific

We know the cobras are vin specific!!
I have already addressed that! We newedge cobra folks already know that!!
My Quote: "understand the Fafp47v..but as for the rest..not buying it...nope."

Nice strawman..nice kill.

You are responding in the newedge cobra SVTP forum..
You may know foxbodies..but you do not know OUR cars.

Your claim that there are vins scattered about the car is what I am disputing.
It is not true for our cars. They are no different that the GT in that regard.

If you can show me some documentation where the other vins are on these cars, I will be glad to look for the vins for you, on my car!!

The only Info I found was the possibility of a vin or partial vin on the passengers side floorboard..but I find that claim dubious at best. My floorboard is buried under sound deadener now and That I will not look for..nor is it a location that YOU claimed that there was one!!

Don't make claims that apply to the foxbodies or maybe even SN95-1 (non 1999-2004 cobras) and assume that it applies to the Newedge cobra.!!

ONCE AGAIN: Your claim that there are vins scattered about the car is what I am disputing....and I quote:

"There are Vins stamped in the wings under the aprons and often in various parts of the body."

Prove your claims...cause I'm still not buying it.

In the mean time don't expect to see a lot of enthusiasm from newedge cobra owners..any more than if your were announcing the raping of a terminator in the terminator section.

Voicing my opinion and challenging your claims is not trolling..but rather just another strawman kill for you.....

Last edited:

fajr22

Established Member
Deleted was because the same post, posted twice. If you look (which I doubt you will) my comment is still there . Don’t know you’re cars... I know the federal law requires multiple Vins throughout vehicles and has since the 60’s. Sorry if you don’t know this. They didn’t just say in 1999, nobody steals cars anymore so quit stamping them full of Vins.. You can’t claim I’m wrong when you offer zero proof of your claim.

Last edited:

52merc

Established Member
I haven't had the fenders off of my '01 so I can't say if it is the same or not, but I have had an '89 stripped down to the bare unibody. This car had 3 VINs noted in the circled areas. I can say that for sure, as I prepped and painted this car while on a rotisserie and looked at every inch of that car. No other parts had VINs.
20190827_143739_resized.jpg

shurur

Established Member
Deleted was because the same post, posted twice. If you look (which I doubt you will) my comment is still there . Don’t know you’re cars... I know the federal law requires multiple Vins throughout vehicles and has since the 60’s. Sorry if you don’t know this. They didn’t just say in 1999, nobody steals cars anymore so quit stamping them full of Vins.. You can’t claim I’m wrong when you offer zero proof of your claim.

How about federal law on gas tank volumes or speed limits?

You are claiming something for our cars that is not true...you even claimed specific locations for these vins, as if you actually knew for sure...and you can't claim you are right.

The car you have is an '01 cobra..special to some..not so much to others.
Of course you can do what you want with it and build any car you want with it.
I still think it is in poor taste to be raping an '01 COBRA in the very forum dedicated to them...

I just hope you don't end up killing someone in high speed fuel engulfed fireball while driving a car that does not meet federal standards...

shurur

Established Member
I haven't had the fenders off of my '01 so I can't say if it is the same or not, but I have had an '89 stripped down to the bare unibody. This car had 3 VINs noted in the circled areas. I can say that for sure, as I prepped and painted this car while on a rotisserie and looked at every inch of that car. No other parts had VINs.
View attachment 1595682

Most excellent follow-through...as usual from you.
Thanks!!

VA-Mach1

Established Member
It's been a long time so I don't remember if it was my 03 Mach1 or 99 GT. But one or both had the VIN stamped in the body under the door sill plastic. Again, don't remember if it was left, right side or both.

fajr22

Established Member
I sold the cobra and I wound up building my own engine out of parts laying around and was able to break the Cannonball event world record and I’m now top 5 time in the world in transcontinental runs. Thanks for all the advice. 31:47

Users who are viewing this thread