2000 Cobra R: 20 years old!

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
It’s crazy to think the mighty 2000 Cobra R is 20 years old already! This is such a special car... I am always amazed at how awesome it is when I take it for a spin. I have never felt that way with any car that old. It’s weird to think of it being 20 years old already!

E7-A96-D38-0-AA7-43-B9-9-B0-F-CE829-F4428-DA.jpg

TFStang

Established Member
20 years old and looking good as ever. Not much on the road these days that catches your eye like a 00R.

P49Y-CY

fomocomofo
Established Member
Always loved that car. Even without radio and A/C I think I'd still use mine everyday as a grocery getter, just for the fun factor (without the splitter lol).

The only part of that car I didn't really care for was that big wing. A bit too garish for me. I'd probably replace it with a Saleen wing.

Interesting bit of trivia about the R was it was the only Mustang ever built at DAP with 18 inch wheels. The largest wheel DAP could accommodate was 17, which is why the Terminator came with 17s. They did the 300 R's by hand.

Established Member
HE did my 95R as well. Do you remember running against a 95. It was out of KC. I think the previous owner won the regional championship down there with mine in 2003, I'd have to look.

Established Member
RA is my favorite track hands down. Every lap about 3/4 of the way around the carousel I get that tingly feeling that it would really suck if something broke about now.

dcgtconv

Established Member
Yes Happy 20th for our beloved 2000R. One thing that still baffles me is why the value of this great and very limited car has not really progressed to it potential yet after 20 years. Thoughts, insights? I may look at selling mine this year to another collector. it only has 164 miles on it and may be time for someone else to enjoy as part of a collection. my mindset is shifting to drivable cars.

Users who are viewing this thread