2000 Cobra R, 20 years later! (Video)

stiles40

Got SVT?
Established Member
Great video. I have always been amazed by pictures of your shop with the cars in it, kinda of cool to see it from a different perspective in the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jiffy

Established Member
Cool car! I hadn't realised there was so many "aftermarket" goodies on it!

It's funny - I have one of the 2002 Australian Cobra's and they're not greatly loved here - which is a shame because I love mine and I'm the original owner and I like taking it out and giving it some exercise. But it's not as tidy as your example!

People here missed the Terminator Cobra, and there were very few 2005-14 cars imported, but the 2015+ are everywhere...

1 Alibi 2

Veteran,...retired Navy !
Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
Great car & a great video.
Does anyone know if the " R " Competition Option @ $ 23,840.00 is the most costly option ever offered on a Mustang ??

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Great video. Thanks for going into detail and taking the time to explain what makes those cars unique. Much better than Doug Demuro.

Great video. I have always been amazed by pictures of your shop with the cars in it, kinda of cool to see it from a different perspective in the video.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome video, love that car.

Cool car! I hadn't realised there was so many "aftermarket" goodies on it!

It's funny - I have one of the 2002 Australian Cobra's and they're not greatly loved here - which is a shame because I love mine and I'm the original owner and I like taking it out and giving it some exercise. But it's not as tidy as your example!

People here missed the Terminator Cobra, and there were very few 2005-14 cars imported, but the 2015+ are everywhere...

Very cool video! Thanks for putting that together and safe flight.

Thanks for the positive comments guys. The filming/driving/editing/uploading took all damn day yesterday, but it was fun playing with the R again... it’s a different breed!

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Great car & a great video.
Does anyone know if the " R " Competition Option @ $ 23,840.00 is the most costly option ever offered on a Mustang ??

I see what you did there!

But slight correction.... i saw $34,806.40.

Last edited:

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Great video BTW... great info!

Damn thing sounds absolutely heavenly. Great footage driving the car.

Makes me want one and prior to today, i never really did.

Last edited:

Goose17

Established Member
I see what you did there!

But slight correction.... i saw $34,806.40.

Great video BTW... great info!

Damn thing sounds absolutely heavenly. Great footage driving the car.

Makes me want one and prior to today, i never really did.
Thank you kindly!

If you got that amount off my video, keep in mind that my window sticker is in Canadian dollars.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
video makes me sad I missed my chance to ride a 00R. I knew a guy that had one when I was going to school in WPB, he was supposed to bring it to the track and take people for rides and rained all weekend so he left it at home. I believe he has since sold it, that was a long time ago.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well done, Goose! Great, informative video. I learned a lot about the 2000R today that I didn't know before. I liked the music you chose from Repeat Repeat. Pretty nice Alternative band.

jsd512

Wannabe Ghostbuster
Established Member
Simply one of the coolest cars ever built. If I were wealthy, this would be in my garage. I absolutely love the raw nature of this car. It took guts to build a car like this and Ford did it and it didn't cost you 100K. 55K was the price here in the states. One of the few modern cars that will appreciate in value. You can't say that about Chevrolet or Dodge. I freaking love this car.

Shaneyusa

Established Member
Wow very nicely done! Great video, enjoyed it from beginning to end. Thanks for all your time and effort to put this together and share it with us mere mortals... Awesome car! Awesome Video!

Goose17

Established Member
Well done, Goose! Great, informative video. I learned a lot about the 2000R today that I didn't know before. I liked the music you chose from Repeat Repeat. Pretty nice Alternative band.

Wow very nicely done! Great video, enjoyed it from beginning to end. Thanks for all your time and effort to put this together and share it with us mere mortals... Awesome car! Awesome Video!

Thanks guys! I appreciate the positive feedback. I have a big passion for Mustang Cobras/Shelby GT500s... it’s fun to share that passion with other like minded people.

MachME

2V Power
Established Member
I enjoyed the video. One question, with all the work on the engine, why did they not make it higher compression?

Goose17

Established Member
I enjoyed the video. One question, with all the work on the engine, why did they not make it higher compression?
Couldn’t tell ya, but for 2000, it was a pretty radical engine.

Users who are viewing this thread