2000 Cobra R #192 History

Arcadewilco

Established Member
Does anyone have any information on the history of #192? I bought it at Mecum last year and it has been repainted and does not appear to have the original hood. Has around 10,500 miles. I don't have the black book either. Looks like it was sold to Guadin Ford here in Vegas so I did bring it back home.

Arcadewilco

Established Member
Nevermind. Just did a search and it appears the car was wrecked at the track. At least it was at the track. Never buying a car at auction again. Its still a cool car but wish I would have done my homework before pulling the trigger.

Goose17

I have a major ego, and need attention.
Established Member
Nevermind. Just did a search and it appears the car was wrecked at the track. At least it was at the track. Never buying a car at auction again. Its still a cool car but wish I would have done my homework before pulling the trigger.

Sorry to hear that. How did you discover it was wrecked? Got any pictures of before/after? I’m sure it looks fantastic with a fresh repaint.

Arcadewilco

Established Member
Found this post: https://www.svtperformance.com/threads/2000-cobra-r-192-from-gaudin-ford-nevada-for-sale.1093416/

It does look great with the new paint. Add some ceramic coating and this thing will pop. I can't find any before pictures.
image1 (1)NEW.jpeg

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Pics of the damage? That is definitely unsettling news, but unless it was grossly overpaid for, screw it! All the more reason now to enjoy that bad boy and let it stretch it's legs.

Looks fantastic!!

Arcadewilco

Established Member
I won it for $38K plus the 10% auction fee so I think its high. I wonder if I can go after Mecum for not disclosing? It doesn't show up on a carfax. Might be worth a try but I doubt it will go anywhere.

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
At $41k i think you got a LOT of car for your money. Of course i have no idea what it looked like prior, but looking at it now and knowing the miles, I wouldn't feel like i got robbed; I understand its easy to say that not being in your shoes though.

Car looks fantastic.. i'd be driving that bad boy all the time.

Arcadewilco

Established Member
Yeah its still a rare car with low miles. I took it on the freeway the other day and it moves. Got it up to 120 effortlessly. I'm going to try to buy another splitter so I can really get on it haha

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I remember talking with the seller and him sending me pics, that car was hit hard. I thought $18k was high for the amount of damage.

I agreed with other posters that it was about $12k Max. Buy it and either tear it down and have a shit load of spare parts or part it out and make some money.

I can see why it wouldn’t show up on a carfax, it got wrecked on the track, no insurance claim.

Arcadewilco

Established Member
@DAVESVT2000 Did the engine look damaged? Or was it mostly body? I wonder if the frame was jacked up too. The steering is pretty loose when driving it. That's really the only thing I've noticed.

TK1299

Meh
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh man you’re tempting me. If you still have it in a few months I just might hit you up. Have to wait for my daughter to be born first because my wife think my priorities are off. Women

gimmie11s

I Race Pontiacs
Established Member
Premium Member
Oh man you’re tempting me. If you still have it in a few months I just might hit you up. Have to wait for my daughter to be born first because my wife think my priorities are off. Women

Well yeah.. a guy with multiple rare Mustangs is probably a little off on priorities. right?

NVM.

:p

1993R

Established Member
I would certainly be sending the auction executive board a certified letter with documentation letting them know your postion and see what happens .
You got nothing to lose.

Users who are viewing this thread