Used Oil

Established Member
CCW Classic 18x9.5 and 18x11, polished lip, brushed face, cleared
7993813D-133C-4BA6-A8A9-5BA778140BA7.jpeg

Last edited:

RedVenom48

Let's go Brandon!
Established Member
They way I see it, there are plenty of these cars sitting in a collection perfectly preserved with little more than the miles from the factory to transporter to dealer pdi area then on a trailer to the owners garage.

If it wasnt for the rediculoudly low production numbers, there's really nothing too "special". They are still bad ass cars, but a body kit, NA 5.4 and road race wing New Edge Cobra isn't the be all end all of the mustang world.

I was caught up in the whole "Its a collectible car" nonsense when I first got my GT500. Then I couldn't resist racing it. Then I got hit at the track by a GTR causing enough damage that I needed to replace a number of front clip parts including the hood and radiator core support.

Collectible car got thrown out the window. I had big plans for her, but if in the process of building big power I window the block or destroy the heads or both, I'd never be able to affordably replace them with factory correct parts.

So I watch projects like this come up and smile. I giggle at the purists who hate. They're probably hand waxing their weekend only 2001 Mustang GT with nothing more than a K&N filter as they rage.

Used Oil

Established Member
I found this pic online at some point. I’ll be doing something similar on one of my 3 splitters. They tend to flex at high speed so need reinforcement for more than 100mph I’d guess.
1CC38657-50C5-413B-B3E3-107D90E7730F.jpeg

Used Oil

Established Member
I'm curious, have any sn95's hit 200 in the 1/2?

Cobra R is sick, glad Ford made it.
I have no idea if any New Edge has done any land speed or air strip racing.
Edit: I take that back, there was a yellow Eaton car that did some salt flat running back in like 2005 or so?

smitty2919

Established Member
I agree with others. For such a drastic 1400hp build, seems silly to use a real CobraR.

Once you are done you will have a CobraR body/rear end/interior?. New motor/new trans/new fuel system/new clutch setup. Better option is to gut a V6 and go to town on it. Half the car won't be "CobraR" anymore lol.

Users who are viewing this thread