2000 Cobra R #111 Build Thread

Used Oil

Established Member
I’ve been asked to start a build thread for (mostly) more of the serious side that I don’t take the time or effort to post on Instagram or FaceBook.
I bought #111 with 14,031 miles with a clean title sight unseen from a small dealership in Pennsylvania around 2017. Not salvage or rebuilt as rumored. I did start a rumor that it’s a clone using some red V6 pics. That made for lots of hilarious posts.
I soon found the clutch had a noise so ordered a T56 Magnum and Ram solid stand dual disc since I had plans for more power from the beginning. The issue ended up being some flywheel bolts backed out so no biggie. I intended to either see much power or could make N/A or turbocharge it and see how long it lasted for fun.
Meanwhile I was also building my 03 Cobra and always told myself I didn’t want multiple projects so I could enjoy driving something fun at all times. I waited quite awhile as my 03 snowballed and finally gave up on that idea. I did get to enjoy it, driving it around Tx2K a couple times pretending to be super cool with my fast friends as I trailed behind in my slow ricer winged stock Cobra. I also really enjoyed going to C&C whipping out my lawn chain and Cobra cutout art to fit in with the Mustang car show guys. I’ve found 4 single turbo Rs and a Vortech car. A few guys have made good power but I found some old diagrams of the assembly and the top ring land is way up on the piston so I didn’t want to push my luck with the stock motor. When I got tired of all 385hp of glorious cruising I called Wonder Racing to see if they had any 5.4s sitting around I could stick in. Of course nothing as convenient as that so I asked about getting something built to handle ~1400hp as I figure that’s close to what I’d need to eventually run 200mph in the half. Well why would anyone want 1400hp when they could have more right?
Well that’s my cars story. Sorry its such a long winded initial thread post but I get asked all the time so there it is.
Now on to the important stuff. I’ll upload pics as I have time.

Attachments

• DD4DE5CA-5604-4C4A-90CD-8C626C2FBB85.jpeg
    DD4DE5CA-5604-4C4A-90CD-8C626C2FBB85.jpeg
    217.8 KB · Views: 1,168

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Great photos!

Thanks for sharing your build.

So what's the current status of the build? Still the stock motor but shooting for 1400 on a built motor?

Your story ended abruptly. lol

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
You the guy who hacked off the front end in front of the strut towers this week, or was that another 00 Cobra R owner?
The ****?!!!! Haha. That's a little much. I always thought we would get a 5.4 in the new edge after these came out. Nope. Gt500s got a 5.4, but not us lowly 99-04 guys.

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
Seems dude is enjoying the hate and comments. First he yanked the engine/trans/wiring and offered that for sale for 20K. Then today, like 1-2 weeks later, he posted a pic of the front end cut off.
F that nonsense. But, it is his car at the end of the day. I guess that's why they call it **** you money....haha

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
This thread has promise!
upload_2021-2-24_7-15-39.png

Here's a serious question for the OP. If you're going to butcher up a real 2000 R to turn it into a 200mph rocket, why not just build a 2000 R clone from a V6 Mustang? But as already pointed out, it's your money, to do with as you please.

Used Oil

Established Member
Great photos!

Thanks for sharing your build.

So what's the current status of the build? Still the stock motor but shooting for 1400 on a built motor?

Your story ended abruptly. lol
Sorry just got busy last night.
I’ll start updating with pics and details shortly. Currently the suspension and motor are waiting to go in and cage is done.

Used Oil

Established Member
Seems dude is enjoying the hate and comments. First he yanked the engine/trans/wiring and offered that for sale for 20K. Then today, like 1-2 weeks later, he posted a pic of the front end cut off.
I enjoy all the laughs. It’s getting built to race and get great joy from the angry mob of Mustang purists who tell me how to spend my time and money. More often than not I get told I’m ruining it. My opinion is that it’s the preserved bubble cars that is a greater tragedy than racing or building a factory built race car.

Used Oil

Established Member
This thread has promise!
View attachment 1690831
Here's a serious question for the OP. If you're going to butcher up a real 2000 R to turn it into a 200mph rocket, why not just build a 2000 R clone from a V6 Mustang? But as already pointed out, it's your money, to do with as you please.
It’s as simple to me as this, I will enjoy driving it more. A high horsepower car built from a V6 shell would still be fun, just not my “dream car build” or whatever you’d label it.

Geno-04

Established Member
I enjoy all the laughs. It’s getting built to race and get great joy from the angry mob of Mustang purists who tell me how to spend my time and money. More often than not I get told I’m ruining it. My opinion is that it’s the preserved bubble cars that is a greater tragedy than racing or building a factory built race car.

I like your style and look forward to seeing the build!!!

Users who are viewing this thread