2000 3.0L Contour SVT

Y2KSVT

Established Member
Up for sale is my 2000 Ford Contour SVT. This mint SVT is black with midnight blue leather interior. The car has 91k miles, and will remain that way as the car is in storage. I purchased this car brand new in August of 2000. This car has never been smoked in, and has been maintained thoroughly. The leather seats are in excellent condition, and are eagerly awaiting a new owner. Early in 2003, the 2.5L spun a bearing at 52k miles. At that time, I had an ASE Certified Ford technician, install a 3L engine from a 2000 Ford Taurus. The 3L block has 50k miles, 39k of them being under the Contour hood. Here are a list of the modifications that have been done to this SVT.

Engine: 3.0L Hybrid engine
2000 Ford Taurus 3.0L block w/ Clevite rod bearings
2.5L SVT heads & cams
MSDS headers & MSDS y-pipe
Bassani catback exhaust
Magnaflow straight through resonator
65mm Mustang GT throttle body
CTA 3" aluminum intake pipe
Large K&N open element air filter w/ MAF adapter
Autolite double platinum plugs w/ Autolite plug wires(have used FMS wires as backup, that are in good working condition)

Tuning:
Xcal2 tuned by Brenspeed (makes 206fwhp & 196fwtq - have dyno sheets)

Transmission:
Rebuilt at 52k miles along with engine swap
Quaife limited slip differential
SPEC stage 1 clutch
Fidanza aluminum flywheel
Steeda Tri/Ax short throw shifter
Royal Purple fluid

Suspension:
Koni fully adjustable struts(yellow)
Eibach Pro-Kit lowering springs

Aesthetics:
15% window tint all around
front oval painted body color
rear reflector painted body color
SVT nyceboi emblem in place of Ford badge
sail panels painted body color
Stazi gen-I mesh all around
Hightowered headlights
Clear euro sidemarker lights
Mirko Racing front splitter

Brakes:
Warmonger brake upgrade(needs installed, and will need FSVT front rotors)
Currently have Bendix rotors and pads

Wheels & Tires:
17"x7" REV model X(black w/ polished lip) @ 16lbs each.
225/45/17 Bridgestone Potenza RE-070(4k miles on them)

Interior:
Lotek gauge pod painted to match interior
2-1/16" mechanical oil pressure - Phantom series
2-1/16" mechanical water temp - Phantom series
2-1/16" air/fuel ratio - Phantom series

Stereo:
Alpine CD player
Alpine Type S 5"x7" speakers in all four doors
10" rear deck sub
Zapco 100w amp(needs installed)

You'll be hard pressed to find a black SVT as nice as this! I've pampered this car with weekly car washes, and Zaino 'wax.' The car has not seen snow since 2002, as the car was a daily driver for the first two years of its life. It now comes out on nice, sunny days.

There are only minor issues with this SVT, that I must mention. The foglights are currently not working. The wiring came undone from the 'foglight mod.' Also, the reverse lights do not come on. I believe this could be the reverse switch on the transmission is either not being triggered, due to the short throw shifter, or is broken. This part is cheap, and fairly easy to replace.

I have the original SVT Certificate of authenticity, showing the build number of this SVT, along with the original manuals and window sticker. I also have a lot of paperwork and receipts for this car, including the Quaife's lifetime guarantee certificate. This car is waiting for its new owner. I'm asking $9,000.00 firm. If you're interested in the car or have any questions, please contact me via PM, or you can email me at: Knoximous(at)hotmail(dot)com. I am located in Fort Wayne, Indiana. Here are some pictures:

2272932_46_full.jpg

2272932_45_full.jpg

2272932_41_full.jpg

2272932_44_full.jpg

2272932_38_full.jpg

2272932_52_full.jpg

2272932_3_full.jpg

2272932_4_full.jpg

Mark

Phantom_LS2

bringing the pain!!!
Established Member
not trying to be an ass, but the 3 liter motor with those mods only make 206fwhp and 196 fwtq? how much hp does the car make stock with the 2.5l? it is one sharp looking car though. you can definetly tell you took great care of it.

BelvedereGTX

Banned
TORCH_RED said:
not trying to be an ass, but the 3 liter motor with those mods only make 206fwhp and 196 fwtq? how much hp does the car make stock with the 2.5l? it is one sharp looking car though. you can definetly tell you took great care of it.
+1

Y2KSVT

Established Member
A healthy, stock 2.5L makes about 165fwhp, and even less in the tq department. This is no drag queen by any stretch of the imagination, but is one hell of a fun daily driver. I'd venture to guess, it'd fair well on a road course, even with a lot of the newer F/I'd cars in it's class. Thanks for the compliments. :coolman:

EDIT: The CSVT weighs in at just over 3000lbs, so I'm making almost what a 2000-2004 Mustang GT makes in HP, but at what, 500lbs+ less? This isn't meant as a shot at the Mustang guys, but this car does pull on a stock, to lightly modded Mustang GT, from a 40+ roll. It's that whole traction issue that gets me!

Mark

Last edited:

SVT-SAGE

Established Member
That thing is Nice!! You wouldve had a buyer last month, I was desperately looking for a CSVT but happend to run into SVT Foci. I had 8000$ which is wat I paid for mine. Sorry dude GL.

Users who are viewing this thread