200 Selected California Routes

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
the rim of the world drive is a very scenic drive w/ lots of twisties and photo ops. you can get on it a bit in the 2-lane (each way) section. a lot of sport bikes going up and down on the weekend so just watch out for chp in the turnouts. once you get to the 1-lane section i wouldn't advise going too fast as some people tend to cross the double yellow in some of the tighter turns. a bit far for some folks but worth a weekend if you want to bring your g/f/wife/mistress/whatever up for a weekend by the lake.

boostfreak07

Established Member
Site did not work for me :(

A route I used to have fun with in the stang was in ventura county / la county. I'd start off on the 101, exit kanan road (lot's of chp & LA sherrifs on kanan so chill), right on mulholland, all the way to decker canyon, turn right on deer creek road and you eventually end up by neptunes net. It's a nice ride, lots of twistys and one hell of an elevation change, not as many bikes once you are on deer creek, you cross over the peaks a few times being able to see a lot of ventura/la county inland and the santa monica bay on the other side......nice place to take a chick for sunsets too :) There is a campsite up in the mountains called circle X ranch, good place to stop, stretch get a few pics etc... I found it by accident while exploring one day.

The cruise back was north up the coast, then right on some road which is an alternative to taking the 101 grade....I think it's potrero road. You drive a by a portion of what used to be camarillo state hospital (eagles hotel california alblum cover) then you have a hairy twisty canyon which goes from sealevel to 750ft elevation and if you stay on this road you go back through hidden valley / lake sherwood which is sweet with some nice straights & two 90 degree hairpin turns, then you end up at a stop, turn left on westlake blvd and you will hit the 101.

The other fun ride was mentioned on here already, malibu canyon to stunt road....then there are loads of little side roads once you reach the top. One of the "top of the world" hang outs is right at the top of stunt, but not adviseable for non 4 x 4's.......but there is a little parking area where people stop to take pics & stuff. Stunt was always a blast in the stang & on the crotch rocket.

Due to the dot.com bust and the present IT job market I'm no longer an owner of a stang :( so I don't even bother taking those routes in this fwd piece of crap. An 03 is my next car when things pick up though.....without question!

Any time you guys cruise these routes & want to take pitty on a true full blooded mustang nut, take me please :(

boostfreak07

Established Member
I've been lurkin on here for a year now, just enjoying through your enjoyment of the 03's.

lol I was sort of kiddin as I'm not a mooch :) but I have yet to sit in an 03 while running let alone at WOT. I think I have seen yermo & blackvenom around town, mmmmm blower whine.

bobh

Not so Senior SVT Poster
Established Member
Yeah, I like 'em like this

97Cobra_losalamos2_020120.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread