200 mph Terminator

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Anybody check out the latest issue of MM&FF. There's a 600 hp Whipple charged 03 Cobra owned by John Maffucci that has gone 203 mph at the Bonneville Salt Flats. In that article it states that he drove the car from Atlanta GA and back with the AC on. Are these great cars or what? :-D

ISUPonyBoy

Mr. Bright Side
Established Member
I read that at work as I was avoiding the "TPS reports." lol Yeah I laughed when I read he ran his first run with the A/C. lol Sweet ride. There was also a killer Terimator in the previous month.

John

geepaw

Heck yes I did it!
Established Member
U can'tr have my stapeler.... :) ....

I was hoping for more information on all the mods he has on the
car as well.

flyn high again

You are getting sleepy...
Established Member
Robertson Racin said:
We had thought about doing something similar.. It would be nice to set some records on the salt..

Don, I was talking to Dana and Lyle about doing it with Dana's car. Maybe we should do a joint effort with two cars? LDC Chicago and Robertson Racing?

ShelbyGuy

Steers With the Throttle
Established Member
Eating a steady diet of government cheese, and liv
the salt guys are totally nuts. depending on which sanctioning body you want to run with (bonneville nationals, inc. or southern california timing association) you're looking at running either once or twice a year. it seems to me to be the most grassroots racing without any commercial pollution, and there must be something to it becuase thats a lot of effort to expend for a once-a-year thing.

the last i heard of this car they were in a production class but were bounced for going too fast on wheels that werent forged racing wheels (which werent class legal anyway)

300mph street car, anyone? picture a cobra with moon discs on super skinny tires on all four corners, caked on the bottom with salt :pepper:

Users who are viewing this thread