20 Years Ago Today...

MDShelby

Established Member
Premium Member
Been a member for 11 years, joined when i bought my GT500. I got a lot of guidance on here as I went through modifications. Met up with the local group (MACA) a few times, good people.

_Snake_

Established Member
Twenty years ago I had no internet, phone, or mail. No AC, no running water, and no hot chow.

I wouldn’t trade it for anything.

1F1C99CE-197C-4E4F-9E6C-BE7C425AEF40.jpeg

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Awesome stuff.
Love this forum. No worries about woke or being "too political".

Keep up the great work!

kevinatfms

Ex-Ford/Kia/Hyundai Tech
Established Member
Premium Member
Joined Jan 29, 2006.....

My time on here is legal to drive.....

Joined with a 2002 Lightning. Then an 05 Mustang GT. A very short time with a 90 GT hatchback.

Currently with a 15 Fiesta ST/21 F150 Ecoboost /21 Explorer ST. Ford family.

slowgreycobra

Established Member
20 years is a long time. I'm at around 17 years and it has flown by. I used to look at stuff on here but didn't join until 2006, mostly due to the ex who was on here and wanted me to look at different subjects for the vehicles we had. We had two SVTs at the time (97 Cobra and 02 L). That went to hell and then I bought my DSG Terminator in 2007 from a member as my first big action as a free man. I owned that car until 2013 and stupidly sold it. Man I miss that car! Fast forward to 2022 and I purchased the 01 Cobra roller from a member on here as I wanted another new edge Cobra. I don't post a whole lot because I can usually answer a question on the car with a quick search.

I'm glad you never sold out to those forum companies Sid. My other favorite forum, Ford Muscle, sold out years ago and then was never the same. A lot of my forum friends and actual friends who were on that bailed and it the one post question forum and the community seemed to evaporate.

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
So this is not my original account, I made an account that I used for years and cannot remember how to log into it unfortunately :( I still remember finding this forum around 2005ish. I was at Mustang week in my 2001 Saleen S281SC and got my a$$ handed to me by a chic in a sonic blue Terminator from traffic light to traffic light. I did not even know anything about 03/04 cobras. I had owned a 1993 cobra a few years prior, that was all I knew. So I went home to Virginia that next week and did my research which led me to this forum. Within weeks I bought my 2003 Saleen Cobra with a Kenne Bell. It had 5k miles on it and I think I paid 39k for it. At the time , authentic Cobra Saleens were mostly unheard of and it was the only one that a forum member owned to my knowledge. I still miss that car and I miss the car scene in the mid atlantic area. I made a lot of friends through this forum back in those days. Nothing but good folks.

TurboV3nomVa

Established Member
There's been a long standing policy against deleting accounts here, so if it existed, it likely still exists as whatever username it was back then. We've also always been selective when it came to username changes, if a user had a troubled past we usually would not grant them a name change.
Is there any possible way to recover my original account? I remember the handle, just not exactly which email I had associated with it. I think I made this account for my GF at the time

Users who are viewing this thread