20" Roush wheels - Trade for 18" Roush (preferably) or Sell

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Ideally, I would love to trade my 20" Roush wheels for your 18" Roush wheels. These are currently on my 2010 Roush. I love the look, they are beautiful. But I'm getting old and the roads around here are terrible, so I want to go to 18" wheels for a slightly softer ride.

I would think about selling them, but not sure if it's worth it. My preference is the aforementioned trade. Tires will go with the wheels. They are original tires date coded 2009 with 20k miles on them, about 1/2 tread life.

Here's pics:
roushwheel11.jpg

roushwheel12.jpg

The wheel below has slight bend on outer lip (seen in pic at top left). I am guessing previous owner hit a pothole or something. The wheel does not wobble or vibrate at speed. It looks like it could be fixed, or I will give you cash to buy new wheel.
roushwheel13.jpg

The wheel below has one small ding on outer edge.
roushwheel14.jpg

roushwheel15.jpg

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
I am looking at possibly buying an 06 with the 18's in the next 2 weeks or so. Maybe we can work that out somehow. We are quite a but apart though, be a long drive to meet up and have them swapped out by a shop.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Hey, thanks, I think we're too far apart to make it practical though. These wheels are heavy (each one of my wheel/tire weighs 60 lbs), so shipping would be cost-prohibitive as well, I would guess. Keep me posted. Good luck with your purchase!

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
Looks like you completed the deal! Looks great (except for the lighthouse sticking out the roof, how do you drive around like that, LOL??). Are you happy with it? What's the engine?

Are those the 18" wheels on there? I can't really tell from the pic, but it looks like the tire sidewalls (low profile) are similar to 20" wheels?

Please keep me in mind if you want to ditch the 18" wheels at some point. I absolutely LOVE the way my 20's look, and I am kinda getting used to driving with them, but I really want taller tire sidewall.

99GTtony

Rain city stanger
Established Member
These 18s are a mess. They weren't taken care of very well and are pitted. I am going to plasti dip them black for now then replace them next spring. It's a stage1 so its just a bone stock gt. Only thing done is an exhaust, its not overly loud and doesnt drone. Already ordered a kit with lowering springs, and new shocks/struts, and a panhard bar.

Sent from my LGLS992 using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Recon

Established Member
^ likewise. The original wheels on my 427R look like garbage. Replacement wheels look so much better.

Mojo88

"Hammer" Time
Established Member
I am loving the look of my 20's and I'm actually getting used to the ride. Drove around a little while ago and thinking I might just leave the monstrous 20's on. I went to car show a week ago and saw two other cars (with 20" wheels) that had a bent wheel like mine. The sidewalls on these 20's offer minimal protection if you hit a pothole, haha. I know, I know, don't hit the pothole................

Recon

Established Member
I'd say try to find some RR03's if you decide to pursue the 18's later on. They look so much better than the regular cast wheels found on most 3V Roush cars.

Users who are viewing this thread