20-21#'s Boost on 2.3l Whipple???

0-60B4U

Established Member
Wondering if I switch from current mods (listed in my signature below) to 2.75" pulley (20-21#'s), 80# injectors, modified FPDM and GT pumps...can I safely run this setup with 93 octane with torco? FYI, my car is not a daily and only a weekend cruiser. Anyone running this combo? If so, do you like it and what kind of numbers did you get? :beer:

Midnight_Cobra

It's an Atomic Serpent!
Established Member
You'll be fine with that new setup. Have you thought about a lower pulley? Mine has a 4lb lower and it seems to consistently make more torque than guys with just a smaller upper.

Intervention302

Established Member
I have a 2.9L with a similar setup

I have Fore hat, twin GT's, BAP, FRPP 60's, and a modified FPDM

I run 18psi for the street(93) and then have a tune that does 21psi (93+1can) and 23.5psi (93+2cans)

0-60B4U

Established Member
Never enough torque! Lower pulley will also help with belt wrap!
You're right about the torque and I hadn't thought about the potential belt slip.

+1

I've never seen belt slip on my 3.5"/4lb setup with Billetflow idlers and currently around 17psi.
How hard was it to install the 4lb lower?

I have a 2.9L with a similar setup

I have Fore hat, twin GT's, BAP, FRPP 60's, and a modified FPDM

I run 18psi for the street(93) and then have a tune that does 21psi (93+1can) and 23.5psi (93+2cans)
I have 63# injectors now, do you think it's worth it to go to 80's? I've heard a couple say they are harder to tune. Also, should I keep the BAP? Is it needed with Twin GT's?

Intervention302

Established Member
You're right about the torque and I hadn't thought about the potential belt slip.

How hard was it to install the 4lb lower?

I have 63# injectors now, do you think it's worth it to go to 80's? I've heard a couple say they are harder to tune. Also, should I keep the BAP? Is it needed with Twin GT's?

The 60s maxed out for me at about 700whp

So if you plan on staying under that, 60s are fine

80s will BARELY cut it for e85 duty. So if I ever upgrade it will be with the ID1000s.

You do not NEED a bap on the GTs. I keep mine at a low setting unless I'm running one of my smaller Pullies

0-60B4U

Established Member
The 60s maxed out for me at about 700whp

So if you plan on staying under that, 60s are fine

80s will BARELY cut it for e85 duty. So if I ever upgrade it will be with the ID1000s.

You do not NEED a bap on the GTs. I keep mine at a low setting unless I'm running one of my smaller Pullies

I don't think I'll be going over 700rwhp anytime soon so Thanks for the good info!

03' White Snake

Established Member
I'm running 20.5lbs on 93 with my KB. Stock manifolds right now though. Just a nice weather / weekend car.

Users who are viewing this thread