20” Shelby 50th Anniversary SuperSnake Wheel pics

GT/CS-08

Established Member
I was thinking of changing to these and was looking to see if anyone has these on their 13/14 and if so, could you share pictures and tires sizes. Thanks!
80E81366-3270-4C14-AFF6-179A9520BC9D.png

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
These wheels fit the 2007-2014 GT500 as long as you do not have the 6 piston Baer rear calipers., they are designed for the smaller Wilwoods..........They do not fit the Baer 6S Extreme rear's......I say they do not fit, there is not the .100 clearance between the caliper and the wheel that Baer recommends.......

I ended up sending a pair of 9" fronts to Eric Vaughn to have them widened to 11" for the rear..........The fronts fit the rear Baer Extreme 6S with no issues......

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Do you have any pictures of them on your car?
No, Eric just shipped the 9" widened to 11" today, he called me this afternoon to let me know they were "in the mail".........lol!!

^^^^^^^along with two Black rims in the same 50th style widened 9" to 11"........

R

Last edited:

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Thanks

Yes, those are the fronts. The rears from Eric V. should be here next week, maybe Wed.?

Also in my reply above, I said 9" for the front, they may be 9.5"? I would have to look at the boxes to verify.......

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I had to do some searching on FB to find a couple of GT500's with these 50th wheels........

^^^^^^Not the best pictures, there is also a Red 07-09 but I could not find his car....

R

Brolly

I know this is an old post butt, can anyone point me in the direction of a pair of these 50th anniversary super snake wheels for sale. I hitt a major pothole and ruined my front and back. Back can be repaired front can't. Companies are out of stock. I have emailed and called like 7 of them. Thanks..

TPenz

Established Member
No, Eric just shipped the 9" widened to 11" today, he called me this afternoon to let me know they were "in the mail".........lol!!

^^^^^^^along with two Black rims in the same 50th style widened 9" to 11"........

Robert - Do you have any pics on the Shelby?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
No, nothing "on car" I have the wheels/tires mounted but am putting the Alcoa's back on my car..........The "Bright" Alcoa's replacing the PC Black Alcoa's.........My 2017+ Anniv. Black wheels have newer TPMS sensors and I need to replace them with earlier sensors before I install them........

R

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I take it these wheels are pretty rare? Are they temporarily out of stock, or possibly long-term/permanently out of stock.

TPenz

Established Member
No, nothing "on car" I have the wheels/tires mounted but am putting the Alcoa's back on my car..........The "Bright" Alcoa's replacing the PC Black Alcoa's.........My 2017+ Anniv. Black wheels have newer TPMS sensors and I need to replace them with earlier sensors before I install them........

R
Do you know if these wheels require different lug nuts from stock?

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
I take it these wheels are pretty rare? Are they temporarily out of stock, or possibly long-term/permanently out of stock.

I would think temp., 2017 is the beginning year for these S550 wheels and they seem to be popular, I don't see why they would discontinue so soon......

R

Robert M

800 HORSE FUN!!
Established Member
Do you know if these wheels require different lug nuts from stock?

These wheels were designed for the S550 which is a 14mm stud, the S197 is a 1/2" (13mm) stud, but they are listed for 2005-2020/21 Mustang fitment. The lug nut holes have a tapered seat in the bottom and the S197 and S550 both have tapered seat lug nuts to match that seat in the wheel. The only question would be, do these wheels look better with a shorter or longer lug nut in relation to the center area? <<<That would be determined after doing a stare and compare........

R

Users who are viewing this thread