2 killed after Tesla Plaid crashes into Palm Harbor home

quad

Established Member

PALM HARBOR, Fla. (WFLA) — Two people are dead after a car crashed into a Palm Harbor house Friday night, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

The FHP said four men were heading north on Manning Road in a 2021 Tesla Model S Plaid at a high speed when the driver failed to stop at a stop sign at the intersection of Manning Road and Hermosa Drive.

An FHP report states that the driver hit the embankment while going through the intersection, launching the car in the air before it crashed into a house on Caird Way, going through the home’s exterior rear walls.

The FHP said the car hit and killed one of the three residents at the home, a 69-year-old woman. The driver and two passengers suffered serious injuries while another passenger, a 43-year-old man from Odessa, died at a hospital, according to the highway patrol.

The Tesla was not in autopilot mode at the time of the wreck, the FHP said.

FHP-Tesla-Crash-resized.jpg

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
"Ban mods, sports cars and the like! No one needs that!
"...sir it was a "green" electric vehicle"

...****!

Well that didn't take long. Well goes to show no matter of the method fast is fast and skill often runs out before sense.
Sad anyone lost their lives.

Serious question. Is that how the car looked or did they cut it. If so is there protocol with cutting into an EV. I mean I guess all the high energy stuff in on the underside.

Last edited:

derklug

Seriously? No, never.
Established Member
Premium Member
My cousins and I had little five horse minibikes that did 20mph and we managed to do stupid shit with them. It's not the horsepower.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
Info from a reputable source (won't reveal what he/she/it does or how they know but they are local)

The lady was eating ice cream on her couch, ended up dead in her front yard.

The owner of the car let his friend drive. The owner was the only one in the car that died, impaled in the chest by a 2x6 truss

Attached photos are the street and the stop sign.

There's a time and a place, and this street is not the place. I'd be shocked if alcohol wasn't involved
MOOD_20210906_215357.jpeg
20210906_215450.jpeg

"Nothing makes me question ALL of my life decisions like SVTP."

Posts and likes are not mine.

quad

Established Member
Info from a reputable source (won't reveal what he/she/it does or how they know but they are local)

The owner of the car let his friend drive. The owner was the only one in the car that died, impaled in the chest by a 2x6 truss

There's a time and a place, and this street is not the place. I'd be shocked if alcohol wasn't involvedView attachment 1719318View attachment 1719319

RIP to the victim who was killed in her house. Looks like having a house at t-junction is not a good idea. I wonder how often that happens? The stretch of road was way too short for a fast car like the Plaid.

MG0h3

Established Member
Off topic but do any of the “climate change/we need electric cars” people consider how much juice all these hipo EV cars take?

I mean I think it’s cool tech but kinda defeats the purpose of being conservative no?

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Off topic but do any of the “climate change/we need electric cars” people consider how much juice all these hipo EV cars take?

I mean I think it’s cool tech but kinda defeats the purpose of being conservative no?

There are 25 other EV threads, not every thread has to be that. Why I put "green" in the quotes. High performance and efficient hardly ever goes hand and hand. Well, efficient maybe, conservative no. It is basic physics making objects move, especially fast costs energy. It's a marketing proof of concept to try to win people over that an EV doesn't mean driving a miserable Prius type.

I will say there are going to be a few new people with less of a driving passion with FAST cars since these hit an interesting niche. There are plenty of supercar crash complications on YouTube though. If Boogie Man is right it sounds like someone who didn't know braking distance.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member

Lol, you'll never get the answer your looking for. Because lets me real most anyone will be charging at night time which means fossil fuels well be needed to provide the charge.

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Lol, you'll never get the answer your looking for. Because lets me real most anyone will be charging at night time which means fossil fuels well be needed to provide the charge.

Or storage from solar production during the day. Which leads to more batteries which also isn't exactly "green" either. Then there is next gen fission. EV tech is imperfect and a baby step but might force people to take a look at our crap infrastructure. Possibly motivate or force more innovation.

Still keeping my e85 (uses more oil to make then saves) supercharged non-catted Cobra till I get tired of it. EV or hybrid is the future though.

Last edited:

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Or storage from solar production during the day. Which leads to more batteries which also isn't exactly "green" either. Then there is next gen fission. EV tech is imperfect and a baby step but might force people to take a look at our crap infrastructure. Possibly motivate or force more innovation.

Still keeping my e85 (uses more oil to make then saves) supercharged non-catted Cobra till I get tired of it. EV or hybrid is the future though.
Maybe the future but i dont see it completely being taken over in our life time unless you are 10yr old now

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Maybe the future but i dont see it completely being taken over in our life time unless you are 10yr old now

Not going to argue that. Never see it truly taken over, full stop. I mean are we going to buy back every classic car out there then too?

MG0h3

Established Member
Geez guys I already knew the answer! Libs are too stupid to realize it though.

We’ve had efficient EVs for a long time.

Last edited:

Black02GT

*Not 2KBlackGT
Established Member
Geez guys I already knew the answer! Luba are too stupid to realize it though.

We’ve had efficient EVs for a long time.

My bad don't know who stands where and its pretty gray area anyway my self included. Just had an attack of "****ing this again?!".

I don't know if it's the update and me not navigating the site correctly now, holiday weekend or what. Just keep seeing the same stuff. Guess I need to step up and start some threads on stuff from things I read not on here already.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Not going to argue that. Never see it truly taken over, full stop. I mean are we going to buy back every classic car out there then too?
Lol unfortunately most of us normal folk cant afford too.

SecondhandSnake

Established Member

There's a time and a place, and this street is not the place. I'd be shocked if alcohol wasn't involvedView attachment 1719318View attachment 1719319

Man that makes it all the more egregious. I thought this was going to be another case where it was a long straight road with a house right at the intersection just feet from the street. That's a relatively short road in a subdivision, and that house is pretty far from the road, with a fence in between. They had to be really hauling ass in a residential area- and careened a long way off the road. I haven't seen too many accidents manage to carry that far off the road (without a ramp) and still do a lot of damage.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
My cousins and I had little five horse minibikes that did 20mph and we managed to do stupid shit with them. It's not the horsepower.
I disagree. It takes more skill and common sense to handle the high horsepower vehicles we see today, like the Tesla Plaid. Would you give a 600+ horsepower car to your 16 year old son? There's a reason for that.

Very sad that an innocent woman ended her life in such a horrific and tragic manner. So the owner of the Tesla made the tragic mistake of letting (likely) a person take the wheel of his car who likely didn't know the area and maybe didn't realize how fast the Plain can accelerate.

Users who are viewing this thread