2 fuel pump wires cut, need help

rbbrown

I made a boo boo and accidentally cut two wires in the cabin of my 2014 Mustang. I had remove a poorly installed security system that was killing my battery every night. There is a blue wire that is connected to a hood shutoff switch and nothing else. There is also a yellow/black stripe wire going to front driver side injector. I have a JPC Fore Return Style dual pump with hobbs switch (not sure if hobbs switch was installed), and bosch 1070x injectors for E85 setup. I also have AEM failsafe gauges and aeroforce gauges, although I'm pretty sure its neither wire is related to sensor. I see wiring diagrams everywhere suggesting these go to ignition, ground, or pcm. Since the hood switch is a single wire I'd guess it needs to go somewhere besides a ground, or it would be pretty useless. Anyway, thanks for any help, anybody can provide.

50141060881_dcc0e40b61_k.jpg
IMG_2551 by Roger Brown, on Flickr

50141301667_e6e3419dc4_k.jpg
IMG_2552 by Roger Brown, on Flickr

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
That hood switch is apart of your old security system, you can ditch it since you no longer use it. As for the yellow wire this sounds like it was apart of your security system to prevent your car from starting. Remove the wire that went to your security system and resolder or splice the remaining wires together, as you stated sounds like an ignition wire.

Are you saying your car currently won't start? We need more info as to what's going on.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Riddick

MERICA
Established Member
Just looked at your pics again.

Take off the hood switch and all associated wires and throw it all away.

On that connector, remove electrical tape and remove third wire... Looks like a piss poor job. Place some heat shrink on your oem wire and solder her back up.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

rbbrown

Great. Thanks. I'll give that a shot. I can hear fuel moving through the pump, just a thud when I turn the key. It started and ran fine for about a mile around the block, was low on fuel. Filled it with e85 and same thud. I wasn't sure if it was associated with those wires, but my guess is my car would have probably never started or made it a mile if the pump was disconnected, so I think you are right about being associated with the security system. My next guess is spark plug since I had a similar issue a year ago that resembles what I'm seeing now. Thanks, that was a huge help!

Users who are viewing this thread