2 Day Old 2020 C8 sad from Florida...

jfsram

Established Member
He's still potentially out $10k+

and that is the risk you take with a brand new car if you insure for Actual Cash Value. It's only about $100 to add Total Replacement Cost to your policy.
A choice every new car buyer should be aware of.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
You're correct. USAA offered me Total Replacement Cost when I bought my G-70, but I declined. Mainly because I don't drive the car from mid-November through March, which amounts to about 3K miles a year. But it's definitely an option new car buyers should look at before deciding yea or nea.

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
He lucked out...... Now he can order a better color! Red? Yawn.....:rolleyes:

Corbic

Established Member
Premium Member
and that is the risk you take with a brand new car if you insure for Actual Cash Value. It's only about $100 to add Total Replacement Cost to your policy.
A choice every new car buyer should be aware of.
Oh I know, but it won't stop insurance companies from being dicks. Coworker bought a Rav4 around Memorial Day 2019 and hit a deer late September.

Insurance was prepared to cover the cost of a new vehicle, but wouldn't cover taxes or title. Plus the $500 deductible. Worse yet, dealer was trying to dick the guy hard because he got a "great deal during Memorial Clearance sale" and wasn't eligible for the 1.9% finance deal or some crap any more.

He figured it cost him nearly $5k all said and done. Grosse.

me32

BEASTLY SHELBY GT500 TVS
Premium Member
Oh I know, but it won't stop insurance companies from being dicks. Coworker bought a Rav4 around Memorial Day 2019 and hit a deer late September.

Insurance was prepared to cover the cost of a new vehicle, but wouldn't cover taxes or title. Plus the $500 deductible. Worse yet, dealer was trying to dick the guy hard because he got a "great deal during Memorial Clearance sale" and wasn't eligible for the 1.9% finance deal or some crap any more.

He figured it cost him nearly $5k all said and done. Grosse.

Unfortunately thats the truth. You almost never come ahead

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
Seriously? Again?

Were you there? Did you see it happen? You know exactly what happened?

I hope you never get in a traffic collision and have people pass judgment on you as fast you did on this guy, twice

Sent from my SM-N975U using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Look boogieboy...it tells you what happened in the article above...I would be extremely careful in a brand new ride...Anytime you hit someone in the rear or in this case t-boned him you're an idiot driver IMHO, if you don't like it STFU...Your opinion has no value to me.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
if you don't like it STFU...Your opinion has no value to me.

If you've got the right to an opinion about this guy's driving, I've got the right to have an opinion about yours. You've got an opinion and so do I, I don't care how much value you have for my opinion

...it tells you what happened in the article above...
It says the driver tboned a drunk driver with no insurance, there are no details other than that. Are all tbones the same? I can think of a hundred different ways someone can tbone another car and have it not be their fault and/or be unavoidable

I would be extremely careful in a brand new ride...Anytime you hit someone in the rear or in this case t-boned him you're an idiot driver IMHO

Your opinion isn't very humble

Have a great day Captain Hindsight

Last edited:

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
As long as you call me Captain you're OK, but you should call me Captain Obvious for reasons stated...A hundred ways huh, list 12 of them BB...If you t-bone a car you're not in control of your car or aware of your surroundings, PERIOD...whether you hit a drunk or a stunt driver....Never said I was humble as I'm not but I bet one of the thoughts that crossed his mind right after the T-BONE was, "I was an idiot for doing that"...wadayatink?

SSSSSSSSSSSSVT

Established Member
As long as you call me Captain you're OK, but you should call me Captain Obvious for reasons stated...A hundred ways huh, list 12 of them BB...If you t-bone a car you're not in control of your car or aware of your surroundings, PERIOD...whether you hit a drunk or a stunt driver....Never said I was humble as I'm not but I bet one of the thoughts that crossed his mind right after the T-BONE was, "I was an idiot for doing that"...wadayatink?

What are you talking about? Most T Bones are caused by a driver turning left and failing to yield to on coming traffic. This is the fault of the vehicle making the turn 10 out of 10 times.

einehund

Established Member
FB_IMG_1526885836240.jpg

You are driving along road X at the posted speed limit of 40 mph. Drunky McShitstain comes blasting out of a side road (at an equal 40 mph) of which you had limited visibility, giving you .2 of a second to react an not t-bone him. Yep. You are right. Absolutely the fault of the person driving the c8. GTFOH with your theory of the c8 driver being at fault. Proof being that the police cited and arrested the drunk oxygen thief.

blk02edge

Established Member
What are you talking about? Most T Bones are caused by a driver turning left and failing to yield to on coming traffic. This is the fault of the vehicle making the turn 10 out of 10 times.
Dont worry about it, he's perfect and has never made a mistake in his life, you and me wouldn't understand

UBNZO6D

Life-long Hot Rodder
Established Member
READ, I never said he was at fault...Just an idiot...I guess most of you have t-boned someone.

BOOGIE MAN

Logic and Reason
Established Member
A hundred ways huh, list 12 of them BB...

I'll let you figure 'em out

Never said I was humble as I'm not...

IMHO stands for In My Humble Opinion....
You said it right here:
you're an idiot driver IMHO

but I bet one of the thoughts that crossed his mind right after the T-BONE was, "I was an idiot for doing that"...wadayatink?
I bet you the very first thought was "WHAT THE ****?!"
I bet you the second thought was "WHAT A ****ING IDIOT (the other driver)!!!"

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread