2.9 whipple cobra track times

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
whats up guys finally took the cobra to the track after installing the 2.9 whipple and i must say im pretty excited with the results. considering its on the stock 3.5 upper pulley only and stock lower. only bad news is that i messed up my tranny on the third pass i think i messed up the syncros or bent a shift fork. 2nd gear got stuck and forced it out and grinded 3rd after that it was really hard to put the gears in in 2nd and 3rd. anyways here is the video and a pic of my second time slip (best et)

2.9 whipple cobra - YouTube

IMAG0267.jpg

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
Nice man, just sucks you damaged the tranny. Wondering why the trap is rather low though ? Whats the elevation at that track ?

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
Elevation here in el paso is 3,900 ft that's what I was thinking when i saw my trap speed. Only picked up 3 mph after blower swap.

Last edited:

Co-brat

FNG
Established Member
Hell yeah man 13.6 is pretty sweet!:dw:

J/k man:poke: thats pretty damn fast. I hope I can break into the 10s after I install my whipple. How much power are you putting down?

Last edited:

svt4me38

BOWENZMOTORSPORTS.COM
Established Member
Congrats on the 10s! While you have the trans out through a line lock in to help your burnouts. With you spinning off the line, you are leaving a lot on the table? What's your race weight?

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Nice time slip! Congratulations. But...a shame that you have transmission issues. It happens. :(

bizzmeister

Captain America
Established Member
Elevation here in el paso is 3,900 ft that's what I was thinking when i saw my trap speed. Only picked up 3 mph after blower swap.

Holy shit, that's your problem right there bro! 3900ft is insane! Our local track that was at Palmdale was 2600ft above sea level and it was terrible lol. I was trapping 99mph or 100mph topps in my stock Evo ix back in the day. Went to California speedway with the same mods and ran .1 faster at 13.4 but was trapping 107-108.

Your car will probably trap 130 or higher on a sea level or close to sea level track haha. Definitely not helping you at that elevation lol. Find a better 1/4 track out there and try that.

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
Hell yeah man 13.6 is pretty sweet!:dw:

J/k man:poke: thats pretty damn fast. I hope I can break into the 10s after I install my whipple. How much power are you putting down?
Thanks you will definitely break into the 10s when i saw the timeslip I was like he'll yea my goal was to break into the 10s. I was using my street tune which put down 622
Thank you sir :rockon:
Congrats on the 10s! While you have the trans out through a line lock in to help your burnouts. With you spinning off the line, you are leaving a lot on the table? What's your race weight?
I ve actually been thinking about the slp line lock for a while now just have never pulled the trigger on purchasing it lol.I'm not really sure of my race weight everything that came on the car from factory is still there even the spare. Only weight reduction I've done is the tubular front k member and a arms.
Nice time slip! Congratulations. But...a shame that you have transmission issues. It happens. :(
Thanks Bob are there any places you or anyone else recommend to rebuild my t-56. How much do they roughly charge to rebuild one?. There's a place here locally that does awesome jobs on 400s and 700s but not sure if the do tremecs. We've done some in our 65 and 70 nova and they work flawlessly and smooth for years now.
Holy shit, that's your problem right there bro! 3900ft is insane! Our local track that was at Palmdale was 2600ft above sea level and it was terrible lol. I was trapping 99mph or 100mph topps in my stock Evo ix back in the day. Went to California speedway with the same mods and ran .1 faster at 13.4 but was trapping 107-108.

Your car will probably trap 130 or higher on a sea level or close to sea level track haha. Definitely not helping you at that elevation lol. Find a better 1/4 track out there and try that.
At first I was expecting a trap speed of atleast 127-128 but not 123 its all good though then car ran flawlessly besides the tranny giving out but that's just part of wanting go fast lol. That's the closest track to me here in el paso and its still like an hour away from me.

skysoldier

Established Member
Hey man, nice to see another terminator here in el paso. I have a posi ported 2.93/4lb with killer chiller. We should hook up sometime an go cruise. I'm James you can text me at 2106852250

04svtcobrablack

Established Member
Hey man, nice to see another terminator here in el paso. I have a posi ported 2.93/4lb with killer chiller. We should hook up sometime an go cruise. I'm James you can text me at 2106852250
What's up man definitely. have you gone to epm? Maybe I have seen you there. I've been wondering does the killer chilled actually work? I've been debating whether to get it or not.

skysoldier

Established Member
Idk yet lol. I just installed it this weekend, I have an appointment to get the AC recharged then I will let you know. Your definitely gonna need it soon.

Brutal Metal

Established Member
What gears ratios would you recommend? what would I need to do a magnum swap? I want something or close to the t-56 gear ratios my stock tranny has right now.

If you want close to stock get the 2.66 1st gear ratio Magnum, I personally like the ratios that are mated with the 2.97 1st...
This link provides excellent info about the Magnum like fitment,internals, etc.. CAUSE it's from Dragzine:rockon:

Tremec

Users who are viewing this thread